Our mission is to make biology easier to engineer. Ginkgo is constructing, editing, and redesigning the living world in order to answer the globe’s growing challenges in health, energy, food, materials, and more. Our bioengineers make use of an in-house automated foundry for designing and building new organisms. Today, our foundry is developing over 40 different organisms to make different products across multiple industries.
On the People Team, we propel this mission by helping to create the most effective team of GMO engineers the world has ever seen. Ginkgoneans are free to unleash their creative energies on engineering biology because we create a vibrant, supportive, and flexible environment where they can thrive. We are honored to be a trusted partner and resource for all of Ginkgo, and are working to construct a nimble recruitment pipeline that accelerates growth and enables strategic initiatives to take flight. We are looking for an energetic and organized recruiting coordinator to support our recruitment pipeline.
In the role of Recruiting Coordinator, you will be working with our recruiters and hiring managers to create an exceptional candidate experience. You will align calendars and schedule both virtual and in-person interviews, so candidates can meet with our Ginkgo team members. You will ensure our applicant tracking system (ATS) remains current, to maintain accurate pipeline data. As a Recruiting Coordinator, you will manage a lot of detail and ensure strong communication between internal stakeholders in order to help us achieve our hiring goals.
Please note: This position is a fixed-term contract for 6 months.
- Facilitate all stages of candidate experience--including application, interviews, travel, communication, and hiring--to create an energizing and seamless experience for all involved
- Correspond with candidates in a timely manner, serving as an ambassador of Ginkgo and our mission to all prospective team members
- Ensure our applicant tracking system (ATS) remains up to date, advancing candidates in the hiring process as needed
- Schedule interviews and calls, keeping in mind team priorities and calendar preferences
- Gather recruitment data and run reports for our Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers to help inform and improve our hiring processes
- As a member of our People Team, maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Support other projects as needed, including career fair and conference scheduling
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- You have a Bachelor’s degree with 2 years administrative experience in a business setting (preferred)
- You have previous experience working in an applicant tracking system (ATS) and scheduling interviews (preferred)
- You are a team player, highly adaptable to changing priorities and you can adeptly pivot to meet emerging needs in a fast-paced environment
- You have a keen ability to take in many details and organize this information to be effectively communicated to different audiences
- You are a quick-learning self-starter, who is comfortable advocating for information when needed
- You have a customer service mindset which allows you to craft a candidate experience that is true to the Ginkgo brand, and enables you to work graciously with a wide range of people
- You are able to visualize each step of an event and anticipate the needs of both candidates and internal stakeholders, suggesting solutions to problems as they arise
- You have a strong passion and drive for Ginkgo’s mission
To learn more about Ginkgo, check out some recent press:
We also feel that it’s important to point out the obvious here – there’s a serious lack of diversity in our industry, and that needs to change. Our goal is to help drive that change. Ginkgo is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its practices, especially when it comes to growing our team. Our culture promotes inclusion and embraces how rewarding it is to work with people from all walks of life.
We’re developing a powerful biological engineering platform, so we must remain mindful of the many ways our technology can – and will – impact people around the world. We care about how our platform is used, and having a diverse team to build it gives us the best chance that it’s something we’ll be proud of as it continues to grow. Therefore, it’s critical that we incorporate the diverse voices and visions of all those who play a role in the future of biology.
It is the policy of Ginkgo Bioworks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.