At Ally, we take the safety and health of our employees seriously. Related to COVID-19, Ally moved quickly and decisively to protect the health and well-being of our teammates, including instituting a work-from-home protocol in mid-March. We are continuing to hire during this time and are finding new and innovative ways to onboard new teammates remotely. Flexibility remains key as we approach the evolving situation. Our teams will continue to work-from-home until leadership, in coordination with governmental guidance and requirements, determine that it is safe to re-enter our facilities.
You can read more about how Ally is supporting our employees, customers, auto dealers and communities during this unprecedented time here.
The role of Ally Bank Accounting Senior Analyst - Affiliate Governance will report to the Director - Affiliate Governance and is critical to the success of Ally Bank's compliance with Sections 23A and 23B of the Federal Reserve Act. The Affiliate Governance department role is to ensure Ally Bank's ongoing compliance with the requirements of 23A/B. This position will support management in monitoring/reporting on all new and existing affiliate related activity that directly or indirectly impacts the Bank. This will include the ongoing preparation of monthly and quarterly attestation work related to inter-company settlements with the Bank's Affiliates as part of the Ally Bank Affiliate Transactions Monitoring Process. In addition, this position will be responsible for the preparation daily and monthly Affiliate Governance reporting. Further, the position will include the ongoing maintenance of the central data repository pertaining to affiliate transactions.
- Complete the monthly attestation process for Bank/Affiliate settlements
- Complete daily 23A Collateral Adequacy reporting
- Calculate the monthly affiliate SOW billing
- Create the monthly intercompany settlements analysis
- Complete monthly reporting of collateral adequacy (FR2052a - Capital Limits Reporting) and affiliate transactions
- Support the quarterly Affiliate Transaction Management Committee (ATMC) meeting support with meeting minutes and slide preparation
- Maintain Affiliate Transaction Central Data Repository
- Support of potential Reg W Fed Exam and internal reviews by Audit, Compliance, Model Risk Management, and Operational Risk Management/Business Line Risk
- Maintain Affiliate Governance Business Resumption Plan
- Ensure desk procedures are robust and up to date
Other Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with key partners across Ally
- Develop subject matter expertise for activity within the GL accounts within which affiliate transactions are tracked
- Conduct annual pricing reviews of affiliate transactions and update corresponding Affiliate Transaction Memo (ATM) documentation to ensure ongoing compliance with the 23B market terms provision
- Complete ad hoc projects and process improvements as needed
- Bachelor's degree required; Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business preferred
- CPA, MBA, or applicable Master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant banking experience; accounting experience required
- Familiarity with Ally's general ledger, accounting systems and processes required
- Excel and SAP skills required; Power BI or other report automation skills preferred
- Highly motivated to learn and contribute
- Strong analytical skills and comfort with data-driven analyses
- Strong written communication skills, especially as it relates to updating ATM and desk procedure documentation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects and demands simultaneously
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation - or total rewards - extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: benefits to help you plan for the near and long term including an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility support as well as benefits that help you take care of your family - parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child-care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.