As a Senior Android Engineer at Shopmonkey, you will be a crucial part in delivering new and innovative technology solutions. You will be a part of the Mobile team which is working on native applications for iOS and Android platforms, including the development of our own Mobile API.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
- Communicate regularly with engineering leadership and product managers to ensure the project is on track and checkpoint goals are met
- Consult on engineering best practices, technologies, architecture, design, tools, and solutions
- Develop a production Android application used by SMB, mid-market, and enterprise businesses
- Provide feedback and validation of Figma designs and product requirements
- Ensure functionality performs well across device types (phones/tablets)
- Write performant, safe, and beautiful code
- Provide solutions for difficult problems and have the opportunity to refactor when necessary
We're Looking For You If You Have:
- Proficiency in Android Development
- Advanced Android SDK + Kotlin knowledge
- Excellent software design skills, creational/structural/ behavioral design patterns, OOP, and FRP
- Multithreading, when to use it, common pitfalls. Background processing, services, Kotlin coroutines, flows
- Experience working with Android-specific pattern implementations, LiveData, ViewBinding, Recycler View, View Pager, adapters, and dealing with complex fragments and adapters in an activity
- Understanding of the nuances of Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors. Knowledge of how to create backward-compatible layouts.
- Deep understanding of Gradle
- Good understanding of Observable pattern, RxJava, RxKotlin
- Relational databases and NoSQL
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Push and local notifications
- Dependency injection via Hilt / Dagger2
- Google Vision API, Camera2.
- Working with images: basic image editing / cropping / drawing.
- At least one of the following languages: ?++ / Java/ C# / Ruby / Closure / Rust.
- Android animations and transitions.
- Clean architecture.
- Continuous integration.
- Example code, gists, or projects in Github.
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business - from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments - all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.