Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Behind one of the world’s best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team ofanalysts, scientists, product owners and engineers. The Target Data & Analytics team creates thetools and data productsto sustainably educate and enable our business partners. Join Target’s Marketing Data Analytics team where your goal will be to help the Marketing team make impactful data-driven decisions. You will do this by becoming a trusted advisor to your partners through thought leadership, data acumen and effective storytelling. A role with Target’s Marketing and Digital Data Analytics team is a chance to help develop our in-house strength for getting the maximum value from Target’s many data assets. We see data as a product, and as an opportunity to refine our approach to the ever evolving retail landscape. Together, we create positive impact across Marketing initiatives that require actionable insights, measurement, and analysis, to server our guests better.
About this career:
- This role is centered around data, analysis, metrics development, experimentation (A/B Testing) and its application to Target Circle, Target’s Loyalty Program
- Develop impactful visualizations and insights and be able to communicate them to business partners in a clear, compelling manner
- Be expert in Data function and integrate with business partners and other data teams to accurately assess Target Circle strategies
- Drive creation of problem statement, approach, and the metrics and measurement strategy, including success criteria, to determine and improve the value of your work through a deep understanding of the business, business process, data ecosystem and rapid data mining
- Be self-directed and drive execution towards outcomes, understand business interdependencies, conduct detailed problem solving, use independent judgement and decision making to deliver as per product scope, provide inputs to establish product/ project timelines
- Define and measure success rate of how dashboard/analysis/insights are adapted into decision making, create feedback loops to enhance analysis
- Champion learning forums, or be a mentor to help increase awareness and adoption of current technical topics relevant for Data Analyst competency e.g. BI tools and technologies; Descriptive & inferential analytics
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance in a quantitative field; or strong equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience in analytics or consulting, background in retail or marketing preferred
- Advanced SQL experience writing complex queries
- Solid problem solving, analytical skills, and data curiosity
- Support conclusions with a clear, understandable story that leverages descriptive statistics, basic inferential statistics, and data visualizations
- Ability to synthesize business objectives into the measurement needs for a project workstream, and be able to develop objectives & key results
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak to both business and technical teams, and translate ideas between them
- Experience in AB Testing methods, including statistical analysis
- Experience in analytics tools such as: SQL, Excel, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python, R, Domo and/or equivalent technologies
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Remote work arrangement means the team member worksfull-time from home oran alternatelocation that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target. The salary range is :$65,600.00 USD – $118,100.00 USD. Pay is based on several factors which may include, but are not limited to education, work experience, certifications, labor markets, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.