Houzz is the world’s leading platform for home remodeling and design. Using Houzz, people can improve their homes from start to finish: find ideas and inspiration, hire home professionals, and shop for products. For home professionals, Houzz Pro provides an all-in-one marketing and business management SaaS solution that helps them to win projects, collaborate with clients and teams, and manage their business efficiently and profitably. The Houzz community is made up of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts, and over 3 million home improvement professionals around the world. Houzz is available in every country around the world with localized platforms in more than 10 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
About This Role
We are looking for a qualified and high-energy Senior DevOps engineer to be the one to set the framework for the engineering ops to scale. Production reliability and developer productivity are our guiding principles, and are the key areas which you will help monitor, operate, and improve/optimize.
What You’ll Do
- Build new automated frameworks to improve Houzz’s CICD pipelines, testing, and observability capabilities,
- Create and enhance tooling to improve developers' productivity in local and nonproduction environments.
- Improve existing processes and frameworks as part of a rapid delivery cycle
- Collaborate closely with multiple engineering teams across both infrastructure and product engineering to increase our availability and uptime.
- Production oncall support, identifying and resolving issues in an agile environment.
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- 2+ years of experience with AWS Cloud in a DevOps capacity
- Experience with modern scripting languages (bash, python)
- Highly proficient with modern Unix/Linux operating systems/distributions
- Deep experience with modern CI/CD pipelines, preferably in a microservices environment
- Experience working in containerized environments from end to end.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, team player, and problem-solving skills
Ideally, You’ll Also Have
- Knowledge of two or more mainstream programming languages (Python, PHP, Java, Nodejs, Shell)
- Experience with deployment and maintenance of relational databases
- Hand on experience with Jenkins or similar tools
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- AWS DevOps certification (or others)
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We’re a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion — celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on our community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts who use our platform and the 3 million-plus home professionals around the world who grow and manage their business with Houzz Pro. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth over $1 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Flexible paid time off
- Commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. When applying for a role at Houzz, we guarantee your application will be considered regardless of your sex, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, height or weight, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We embrace and celebrate the value that diversity brings to an organization and understand that diverse backgrounds and different points of view are essential components of helping Houzz in our mission to provide the best experience for home renovation and design. Houzz is committed to fostering an inclusive environment through projects and initiatives such as employee resource groups and diversity workshops.
Houzz celebrates differences and strives to create a comfortable and authentic climate for Houzzers to feel supported, where they are welcomed to think creatively and contribute to innovative ideas, while having the freedom to be themselves and share their lives at work.
By applying for a job with us, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of our
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- Roles listing ‘Remote - US’ as a location are not currently available in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Louisiana, and Montana