At Spoonflower (part of the Shutterfly family of brands) our mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper, and home décor. Spoonflower’s global marketplace connects our customers to more than 1 million designs by independent artists from around the world.
Spoonflower boasts the largest surface design marketplace in the world and a suite of applications that span from artist experience, eCommerce journeys, royalty payments, and third party marketplace distribution. The design-centered community at Spoonflower and Shutterfly is expansive, ever-growing, and rich.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be part of a cross functional team focused on bringing our vision to fruition. We are looking for technically adept and highly collaborative engineers, passionate about delivering a great product to our customers. We encourage both vertical and horizontal scaling of your development skills, dependent on where you are in your professional journey, and provide access to projects, technologies, etc as is fitting. We promote empowered teams with total ownership from solutioning to production observation and iteration. If you are interested in joining a dynamic, kind, and collaborative team we would love to hear from you!
What You'll Do Here:
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for multiple projects
- Modernize deployment processes
- Help to instrument and observe prod systems
- Contribute to systems architecture discussions
- Collaborate with developers, coaching them on how to manage their pipelines and deployments.
- Provide documentation of current and new systems, promoting a self-service environment
- Participate on an Agile scrum team with product, fellow engineers, and QA
- Participate in an on-call structure that provides after hours support in emergent situations
The Skills You'll Bring:
- Expertise with Kubernetes
- Expertise with automation tools for CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, etc
- Experience with APM tools like NewRelic
- Experience with distributed tracing and OpenTelemetry
- Experience with data visualization tools like Graana and Kibana
- Experience with zero downtime deployments and best practices
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like Kanban or Scrum
- Distributed version control experience with Git
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.