The Financial Analyst will provide accurate and data based information on the Company’s profitability, solvency, stability and liquidity by leveraging strong accounting and compliance to explore historical financial data, predict future results and drive process/policy improvements. This position will research and analyze financial information to help the Company make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements. The Financial Analyst reports to our Chief Financial Officer.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Grow financial performance through analysis of financial results, forecasts, variances, and trends.
- Manage the Corporate budget process.
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
- Develop financial models to support valuation, planning, and forecasting
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
- Conduct comparable analysis and market research to support internal financial analysis
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date technical knowledge of financial instruments, market conditions and trends
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent
WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR BACKPACK
- 3-5+ years of corporate financial planning & analysis or other relevant experience, experience with Corporate Budgets and Capital Planning highly desirable.
- Experience with Private Equity and Due Diligence highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics required; Master’s degree are preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and other standard software applications required
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch; occasionally lifts and/or pushes up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
DIVERSITY INCLUSION STATEMENT
We respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our business and industry. Carnegie Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.