Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there's a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Privacy is part of the Reddit DNA and we are dedicated to ensuring that our platforms, services, and products are built with privacy as a core principle. We hold the privacy of our users as fundamental to our mission at Reddit and this role will support the evolution of our Ads Privacy practices with a focus on practical and data-driven decisions that enable us to support our business. As a Privacy Engineer you will be support the development of privacy procedures and resources.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build, and implement effective technical solutions that enable privacy and data protection by design and by default
- Translate privacy rules and policies into robust, scalable, reusable solutions that protect user privacy while enabling safe, transparent use of data
- Deep dive and become an expert in a complex and heterogeneous codebase and cloud infrastructure to find and harden all data stores and microservices that process personal data
- Be the technical expert for the product and engineering organization that ensures compliance in data protection, governance, and lifecycle management
- Integrate privacy by design into the software development lifecycle including system requirements collection, architecture, design, development, and testing
- Develop solutions for data mapping, governance, classification, and protection
- Leverage knowledge of probability and statistics to build solutions that protect user privacy and mitigate re-identification risk to enable compliant and safe use of user data for analytics, machine learning, and product development
What We Can Expect From You:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, or a similar STEM field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Deep knowledge of large scale cloud analytics and storage technologies and SDLC best practices
- Comfortable navigating unfamiliar tech stacks and working with new languages and technologies
- Experience with data privacy requirements stemming from regulatory and legislative mandates including CCPA, GDPR, and state data breach notification laws
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to learn and research new technologies and standards rapidly, assess them
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.