About the role
Founded by digital specialists with vast experience of successfully growing brands, we use customer insight to shape remarkable, feature-rich, digital products that meet clearly defined business objectives.
Our new colleague will bring a diligent, strategic and inquisitive mindset to deliver the very best products possible from the resources of their squad. They will maximise the value for the client and champion the experience for the end user. This will require bags of energy as well as enthusiasm for their craft.
A collaborative work ethic will see you fit in with our existing team to deliver and take ownership of some exciting web and native product builds for new-to-market startups to established industry names.
Law and order are maintained in the studio through our flavour of Agile and a keen focus on delivering MVP through close collaboration between user experience and engineering disciplines.
Everybody in our team plays an active role in shaping the suite of tools, frameworks and techniques we choose to adopt in our projects; each aimed at delivering effective design solutions, robust code and automated processes to maximise our efforts.
What it's like to work here
Skilled people in every role with the autonomy to do their best work is what has made Mediablaze successful and will support our growth plans.
We avoid egos and micromanagement in our teams and we don’t use seniority or job titles to squash the opinions of our colleagues. We collaborate across our teams and use our collective experiences to craft and engineer the best products to solve each client’s problems.
We’re backed by Hearst Publishing (one of the largest publishing organisations in the world) but we maintain our own autonomy and startup mindset. We balance the agility that provides with grown up processes and strategy to fuel our ambition to continue to grow the agency.
Mediablaze will provide you the platform to shape some exciting and complex product builds, develop your skill set and help to further build upon your already successful career delivering products that meet their key objectives.
- You're the kind of person who gets a kick out of extracting requirements out of stakeholders, moulding them against the needs of the end users and seeing these shape the delivery of awesome products for new-to-market startups as much as household names.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to develop new concepts to solve business and technical problems.
- You take pride in your work and take ownership of a product, feature or task and see it through from conception to production.
- You want to develop your craft as a product manager.
- You’re comfortable thrashing and architecting solutions to complex challenges.
- You understand the importance of accuracy in your descriptions, stories and acceptance criteria.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and can confidently explain technical concepts to designers, engineers and clients alike.
What you'll need
As a Product Manager at Mediablaze, you will have...
- Strong experience in delivery through Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project.
- Strong experience in taking financial ownership of product delivery; from the point of view of the agency delivering the project and being able to assign value and benefit to features in order to build a business case.
- Expert knowledge in how to successfully lead a squad through the full product life cycle whilst monitoring and tracking overall progress whilst focusing the team on rapid release cycles.
- Confidence in not only being able to identify potential risks through the project delivery but you will also be able to articulate these clearly, know how to anticipate them, how to defend against them and how they fit into the wider picture.
- Experience of creating new ways of working to achieve the right outcomes. You are able to act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
- A strong understanding of design, technology and data principles with an ability to empathise and resolve trade-offs between these disciplines to ensure features are delivered and in the best way possible.
- Experience of working within constraints (time, budget, dependencies on third party systems, etc.), challenging stakeholders on those constraints and be able to demonstrate how you can adapt your approach to reach a successful outcome.
- Proven history of assessing the marketplace, highlighting the product benefits and persuading others that a product is the right one to use.
- Experience in meeting the needs of the end users, bringing insight and expertise in how their needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business.
Additional favour would be carried if you can demonstrate your ability to work in a small squad where you need to wear multiple hats, as much as having experience operating within a large team undertaking a single function.
What technology and tools we're using right now
- Jira / Trello / Confluence / Miro / Slack
- Node.js / React / Redux / Typescript / Angular
- Gatsby / Storybook / Storyblok
- AWS / Docker
- Bitbucket / Pipelines / CI / CD
- TDD / BDD / Cypress / Protractor
What we're offering and your wellbeing
London (SE1) or Cardiff (CF11). Either of these locations will need to be accessible to you as we return to some form of office time (pandemic permitting).
Our standard working hours (9.30am to 5.30pm) are staggered slightly to take the edge off the busiest commuting times.
Our flexi-time policy covers the hours 4pm-5.30pm which enables you to move that time to earlier or later in the day, or another day that week (subject to meetings and agreed deliverables).
25 days per annum, plus an additional day for each completed year with the agency (capped at 28 days in total).
You don’t work your birthday. That’s another day in the bag which could take your total annual leave to 29 days.
We have a company Ride to Work Scheme with an annual pot assigned. It's healthy enough for even seasoned cycling aficionados (of which we have a few already).
Home Set Up:
Home Office Equipment Scheme (same principle as Ride to Work) to enable you to create a comfortable and safe home working environment.
Standard company pension which is easily moved around should you wish.