We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that's not only incredibly talented, but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
What You'll Do
- Establish stable Plan of Record (POR).
- Manage the partner relationship end to end from conception to launch, ensuring success for the partner at each stage of the funnel.
- Ensure roadmap/requirements baseline, project priorities, and drive synchronization across several development teams by managing feature requirements and POR.
- Coordinate all project estimation, planning, schedules, resource management and prioritization.
- Drive the planning/scheduling process.
- Develop and maintain program master schedules and milestones, budgets, work plans, and resource requirements.
- Identify and manage risks, change control and escalations.
- Drive routine updates and communications of program status to management and executives: execution status, trends vs. baseline, risks, mitigation, and recovery actions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of product management experience in enterprise space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to think strategically.
- The ability to wear many hats, learn quickly and change direction when needed.
- Ability to motivate project team, calling and chairing progress review meetings.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple development sites will be required.
- Unblock issues by pulling together the right multi-functional expertise to resolve the issues; drive data based on decision-making.
- Ability to proactively drive and solve problems to solutions.
- Ability to think creatively and critically about product features and user scenarios in the enterprise space.
- Innate curiosity and ability to self-start in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical.
- Solid understanding of web and mobile technologies, service operations at scale, and ability to go deep in technical areas.
- Previous experience with proven success in software integration partnerships.
- Previous experience with business development.
- Bonus points for Insurtech background or commercial insurance experience!
- Previous experience working at a brokerage a plus!
- We offer competitive wages and annual bonus opportunities! Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Remote Culture. Here at Bold Penguin our remote employees are top of mind, and we have created an inclusive, engaging remote environment.
- Choose-your-own gear. Whether you prefer Mac, PC, or Linux, one screen or three, we’ll set you up for success.
- Stay connected to the Glacier. We slack. A lot. We also like to video conference regularly. We even have all- hands "Waddles" held Tuesday - Friday 12:00PM EST.
- Penguin bling. Like swag themed after a certain antarctic bird? Just. You. Wait.
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.