Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We recently raised a $21M Series B round and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can learn more about it here.
About the role
We are looking for a product-minded, team-oriented software engineer with a passion and experience in solving business problems with good design, delightful UX, and scalable architecture.
This is a permanent, full-time, 100% salaried opportunity open to candidates who reside in Mexico.
We're excited to add Engineering talent from Mexico to our team! Check out our Recruitment video here to learn more.
What you'll be doing
You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and other engineers to plan, design, and implement features in the core areas of our platform. You will collaboratively design and architect features, refactor as necessary and write elegant and performant code. You’ll have a strong voice in the development and planning processes, so senior-level experience is key.
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely from Mexico. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012). #LI-REMOTE
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to get code into our production environments easily, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. Learn more about our Engineering Team and the interview process here.
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience solving challenging architecture problems with good design
- Experience scaling fast-growing software products
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with data-modeling and optimizing query performance
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- English fluency + excellent communication skills
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus...
- Experience onboarding and coaching other engineers on a team
- Experience with ReactJS, TypeScript
- Experience with Tailwind or CSS-in-JS frameworks
- You know a thing or two about the Fleet industry
- 100% Base Salary + Aguinaldo (30 days)
- Private Medical Insurance + Dental & Vision
- 15 Vacation Days + Vacation Bonus
- Paid Holidays observed in Mexico + 3 Floating Holidays
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Professional Development Fund
- MacBook Pro + Equipment Allowance
- Internet/Electricity Allowance
- Ergonomic Chair & Desk Allowance
- Remote working friendly since 2012
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing email@example.com.