Attentive? is the leader in conversational commerce, reinventing business to consumer communication. Our SMS-first software platform helps everyone from entrepreneurs to enterprises strengthen relationships with their consumers in a new way. Through two-way, real-time, personalized communications, we drive billions in e-commerce revenue and over 5,000 leading brands like CB2, Pura Vida, Urban Outfitters, Jack in the Box, and Coach rely on Attentive to deliver powerful commerce experiences.
We are looking for an experienced security leader who brings both technical acumen and a developer mindset to their work. You will be a key member of the Security Engineering team, which carries the responsibility for the security of Attentive's platform (we work in AWS) and customer-facing products (we build microservices in Java and React/Typescript). Practically, this spans a broad gamut of building and/or operating tools in partnership with other Security and Engineering teams to secure our code and underlying systems from development to delivery, to detect and respond to abnormal behaviors, and to provide security testing and guidance to colleagues as they architect new systems and features. As part of this team, in this role you will lead our detection and response program with room to grow into application security and other areas within the team's portfolio. You'll find yourself working with a group of other talented security professionals of various backgrounds with a shared goal to shape the future of Attentive's security program and provide a positive impact on the company and its customers.
- A creative and solution-oriented attitude.
- The patience to fully understand developer teams' processes and goals.
- A strong belief in automation, so that new tooling or processes are lightweight experiences for developers.
- An ability to deal with ambiguity and prioritize, both in the context of a growing company and engineering organization, as well as a problem set that inherently invites scope creep.
- A leader, who is both open-minded and curious to learn about new technologies when approaching a given problem set.
Level of Impact
- Are sought out for strategic and technical security guidance; you anticipate information security issues and make design decisions to avoid them.
- Multiply the effectiveness of others by facilitating cross-team work.
- Are consistently able to reduce the complexity of projects in order to get more done with better approaches and phasing of deliverables.
- Listen and guide debates to help reach a consensus; once a decision is made, clearly communicate and back that decision.
- Laser-focused on making a positive impact on the entire company's information security maturity by identifying our highest risks and mitigating them to an acceptable level.
- Significant experience (5-7 years) working in security detection and response, with knowledge of SIEM technologies, effective rule-writing and alerting strategies, and how to automate response wherever possible.
- Demonstrated impact in prior roles as a senior individual contributor or team leader to independently deliver impact for a security program through your own contributions and by influencing change through others.
- Baseline exposure to and a desire to more deeply learn Kubernetes, programming languages like Java, Go, or Python, and application security concepts.
You'll get competitive perks and benefits from health care to home office equipment, to help bring your best self to work.
Attentive Company Values
Default to Action - Speed is our best offense and defense
Never Settle - Continuously raise the bar for yourself and your teammates
Hard Work Solves Big Problems - Success requires grit and resilience
Be Attentive - Work together as a team to drive greatness for our company and our customers
If you do not meet all the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply! No job description is perfect, and we may also have another opportunity that closely matches your skills and experience.
At Attentive, we know that our Company's strength lies in the diversity of our employees. Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees, applicants and covered individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.