Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see what’s not ordinarily possible, and the ability to collect intelligence from vantage points as diverse and global as the Internet. As organizations depend on cloud services, the Internet has become their defacto network connecting cloud applications to users. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform is like a Google maps of the Internet’, providing the only collectively powered view of digital experiences end-to-end. We enable our customers made up of the world’s largest and fastest-growing brands, to identify problems before they impact revenue, brand reputation, or employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
The UI Platform team is passionate about building common abstractions that are shared by the various ThousandEyes development teams. Our mission is to evangelize standards, patterns, and best practices for UI design and development at ThousandEyes. We support a shared Design System used by developers, designers, and product managers to maximize the ease, quality, consistency, and velocity of design and development across all ThousandEyes products. We also build new initiatives that allow a smooth onboarding experience for new customers and opportunities for them to engage more deeply with new parts of our platform. We’re experts in frontend code, implementing pixel-perfect designs, and creating the best possible developer and customer experiences with everything we touch.
You Can Expect To Work On
- Improving the core frontend technology that enables the ThousandEyes engineering organization to scale horizontally, including component libraries, build processes, and test frameworks
- Evangelizing modern frontend development best practices, raising the bar for frontend development skill at ThousandEyes through implementation, presentations, and documentation
- Assisting in the build of new products to delight our users and enable a seamless first-point-of-contact experience with the ThousandEyes product suite
- Exploring new technologies that will benefit our workflow and sharing comprehensive opinions on architectural/technical decisions
- Mentoring and guiding other engineers on the team to help them maximize their professional potential
- Experience with at least one modern frontend framework/library (e.g. Vue, React, Angular, etc)
- Comfort in fast-paced, dynamic environments and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Understanding of how to build performant, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Proficient at collaborating and communicating across Product, Design, and Engineering organizations
- Passion for sharing your ideas, bringing others along, and caring for your teammates
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re old (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do you can’t put us in a box! But Digital Transformation is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.