As a Senior Technical Writer at ServiceTitan, you’ll be part of and represent the Documentation team across the Product org and beyond. You’ll be supporting assigned product areas through engaging and effective documentation, including release notes and supporting documentation for new features, product improvements, in-app education, and other customer-facing needs.
The Documentation team is composed of talented tech writers you’ll collaborate with as you work with developers, quality engineers, product managers, support, and usability experts to make our products and content easier to use. You’ll assist the Documentation team with ongoing improvements to the content and maintenance of the ServiceTitan Knowledge Base, as well as participate in other projects as needed.
In addition to your duties as a writer, there is a large project management component to this role. We are looking for someone who can manage projects and tasks from start to finish with minimal supervision and guidance, as well as assist in developing new talent. You will also be reviewing and improving existing documentation based on user feedback and analytics.
What you'll do:
- Produce with impact: Learn the product and develop effective content solutions for assigned feature components. This includes creating documentation and architecting content that promotes self-service and efficiency across our customer base.
- Write clean and clear copy: Author easy-to-understand customer-facing guides and Help articles that meet style and editorial standards.
- Identify and update: Help identify and track documentation areas affected by UI changes and new features and plan for updates or new content accordingly.
- Audit and optimize: Participate in continuous reviews and audits of existing documentation to ensure optimization of content accuracy and architecture.
- Collaborate cross functionally: Be proactive and collaborate with product managers, analysts, and subject matter experts to get an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements.
- Contribute and participate: Actively contribute to team discussions and meetings to improve content guidelines and team processes as needs grow.
- Manage and solve for assigned areas: Project manage tasks and needs for assigned areas from beginning to end, including tracking and updating tasks through JIRA and similar project management tools.
- Guide through innovative methods: As a senior member of the Documentation team, you’ll support other team members in content creation and the user experience by driving conversations that encourage innovative thinking and strategizing the content for assigned areas.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Experience in technical writing (6+ years); Professional editing, API writing, grant writing, or instructional design experience a plus
- Experience with software development/SaaS (3+ years preferred) or educational equivalent
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize and simplify large amounts of data and information and multi-tiered processes
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and through images/media
- Good grasp of UX methodologies as it relates to Help content and a knowledge base, including CMSs and content repositories
- Ability to use data insights to help drive content prioritization
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS and a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software and technical skills with little to no guidance
- Experience with Confluence/JIRA and Google Suite (especially Drive, Docs and collaboration/drafting features)
- Experience with single-source/component-based authoring tools and/or headless CMSs such as Contentful
A plus if you have:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Google Suite, Confluence/JIRA,Techsmith tools like Camtasia and SnagIt
- Proficiency in using diagramming tools like Lucidchart, Miro to convey user or system workflows
- Experience using Google Analytics to track content engagement
- Knowledge of home services industries and terms for plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and the likes
Please submit a writing portfolio (3–5 writing samples) that demonstrates your ability to produce efficient and clearly written SaaS-centric Help documentation. The portfolio should exhibit your ability to understand and implement content architecture and/or presentation of complex concepts. A diverse writing portfolio that includes online content and data visualization is preferred.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.