At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. Once we can safely travel, you may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
At GoDaddy, we’re passionate about building software and infrastructure that solves problems. We count on our site reliability engineers (SREs) to empower our users to pursue their missions with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
What you’ll get to do...
- Work on and demonstrate automation to provide operational support to various development teams and product teams
- Ensure that our platforms and services are adhering to standard methodologies defined within our group
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure
- Improve reliability and quality of our infrastructure and application platforms
- Building consistent monitoring and operational transparency system
- Help with automation of common operational tasks - Patching, SSL’s lifecycle management, availability and capacity management
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
Your experience should include...
- Minimum of 4+ years Linux experience is required
- Demonstrate experience with tools like Nagios, Icinga2
- Hands on experience in configuration management using tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.
- Proven experience with a scripting and programming language like Bash, Python, etc.
- Networking experience and solid understanding of the OSI layers
- Be enthusiastic about providing and improving repeatable methods of automation
- Be able to detail technical processes thoroughly
You might also have…
- Experience with Windows servers
- Knowledge on agile methodologies and ceremonies
- Expertise of security standard methodologies and tooling like Trend, Tanium, etc.
- Understanding of AWS services
We've got your back...Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us…GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About us.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID R017068
GoDaddy's compensation is local to where you are and may vary based on an individual's qualifications at the time of the offer. The anticipated annual base salary ranges for select locations are listed below:
- New York City - $94500.00 to $118000.00
- Colorado - $84000.00 to $105000.00