Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re adding a Senior Data Scientist to our team to help inform the future of Webflow with data by building a deep understanding of how our customers create for the web with our product. You’ll partner directly with key product stakeholders to identify interesting business questions and provide the data and quantitative analysis to answer them, leading the development of KPIs and helping teams understand how to improve our user experience. As an early member of our data team, you will also be working to improve our data warehouse by thoughtfully developing clean and reliable data pipelines for lasting impact.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (US timezone)
- Full time
As a Senior Data Scientist you’ll …
- Enable our product teams with quantitative analysis to understand how customers engage with Webflow, diving deep into impactful questions alongside key stakeholders and delivering actionable insights
- Define product and business success metrics, building tools for monitoring and surfacing drivers of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Lead technical and non-technical team members to execute experiments, answer open ended business questions with data, and research levers for improving our product
- Develop our data foundation, experimentation and machine learning capabilities, building new pipelines and tools that contribute to our connected, complete understanding of our customer journey, and improve our customer experience. We currently use stitch, dbt, snowflake, and Tableau, and are working with our new data engineering team to dream big about our infrastructure and feedback loops!
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Data Scientist if you:
- Have demonstrated experience working as a Data Scientist (or the equivalent in quantitative analysis), providing high quality, reproducible analysis that impacts decision making, building tools to enable scalable processes and enabling others to do the same
- Have expertise in applied statistics (e.g. predictive modeling, hypothesis testing, regressions), segmentation and experimentation (e.g. A/B testing) in an industry setting
- Have proficiency in SQL, and experience with a programming language like Python or R
- Thrive collaborating with product teams in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, solving complex and nuanced problems
- Engage both technical and nontechnical audiences with clear and compelling communication
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Data Scientist and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.