Yelp is looking for a Social Media Manager for its Social Media team. The ideal candidate knows how to tell a great story by concepting creative brand campaigns, creating eye-catching visuals and drafting sharp copy to increase engagement rates and drive sessions to the Yelp app. He/she/they is quick to adapt to the ever-changing social media landscape, is comfortable working in a fast-paced organization and believes that the best social media content is all about human connection.
You’ll work with other social media team members, internal stakeholders and external partners to develop consumer-facing content that builds awareness for the Yelp brand and drives positive sentiment. The goal is to make meaningful and helpful content to communicate with consumers to build rapport, advocacy, and ultimately, equity over time.
To be successful in this role, you need to know how to manage all parts of a campaign and content production (from concepting to measurement). You will be responsible for handling designing and editing social media assets for campaigns, as needed. You are a content creator at heart, who can easily pivot from editing Reels to photoshopping graphics for event promotion. You know how to create processes to deliver content at scale and then measure success. You will also manage the day-to-day for Yelp’s Twitter and partner with the B2B and B2C social media specialists on optimizing content for Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest, as needed.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing Social Media team, contribute to Yelp’s growth, and help local businesses succeed. Interested? Please submit a resume and include links to the social media properties you have managed and/or noteworthy campaign work.
This is a full-time remote role based in the United States
Where You Come In:
- You will drive the end-to-end brand campaign management. You’re comfortable with both coming up with ideas for a social media campaign and taking a strategy and executing.
- You will design and edit for all social media assets. You know Photoshop in and out and you can edit Reels in record time.
- You will manage reporting and analytics.
- You will own the voice and content strategy for Yelp Twitter.
- You will partner with team members on optimizing content for Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest, as needed.
- You will identity trends and conversations for content creation opportunities.
- You will utilize social listening/sentiment tools to recommend enhancements to the social strategy.
- You will work closely with the PR team to sync social content with company announcements.
- You will execute social media paid campaigns, as needed.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree: Journalism, Communication, English, or relevant professional experience.
- You have 5+ years of direct, hands-on experience supporting brand social properties in a corporate environment.
- You must have editing and design experience, specifically for social media channels.
- You ideally have agency experience or prior work at a media company.
What You'll Get:
- Available your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (Employee-only plans available at no cost to the employee)
- 15 days PTO per year for first 2 years of employment (accrual begins on date of hire); number of PTO days increases after 2 years of tenure, 5 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.