Ready to be a Titan?
You will be part of the engineering team at ServiceTitan responsible for all Android native mobile applications as well as developing Android plugins or bridging functionality for our cross-platform mobile applications. This is an exciting role for an engineer to come in and develop key product differentiators by leveraging the full native power of our customers mobile devices. We build for perfection, use modern tools, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. If you share the same values, you should consider joining us in our efforts to achieve the extraordinary!
What You'll Do:
- Architect, develop and maintain Android native mobile applications
- Develop and maintain Android native plugins for our cross-platform mobile applications
- Actively assist in keeping our Apache Cordova cross-platform current with new releases and patches
- Continuously partner with QA and Infrastructure engineers to automate our build and test pipeline
- Evaluate beta Android releases to ensure compatibility with our native and cross-platform mobile applications as well as identify new native services and features we might leverage throughout our products
- Deploy beta tests and release candidates to Google Play Console as well as manage rollout to customers
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and implement low level, device native features
- Communicate effectively with other engineers, product managers, customers, and partners.
What You'll Need:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 3+ years of developing native mobile applications for Android with Kotlin and Java including:
- Developing reusable components (Views/Activities), frameworks, or libraries
- Communication with JSON services with community standard libraries such as Retrofit, Okhttp, and Moshi
- Automated UI and Unit Testing
- Asynchronous and parallel programming to keep the UX responsive
- Performance profiling for proper use of disk space, memory and battery life
- Familiarity with Android Architecture Components (RecycleView, ViewModels, LiveData, Room, and Navigation)Though you need only be familiar with the Android platform you may rarely need to assist in the development efforts for iOS components where the conceptual bridge between platforms isn't too wide. You will be given plenty of extra time for any such work outside your primary area of expertise
- Experience with Apache Cordova is desirable but totally optional. However, your willingness to learn and work with Apache Cordova will be required.
- If you're familiar with Microsoft .NET it's a big plus but also completely optional - we use C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs, Microsoft SQL Server on the backend.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.