Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda School is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda School has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Sourcing Recruiting Specialist to work with the Instruction team. This role will use proven models and metrics and think strategically to deliver talented candidates for our contractor roles. You will consult with stakeholders in Instruction, bringing forward risks and opportunities in how we attract, assess, and hire talent.
The Sourcing Recruiter Specialist is responsible for top of funnel candidate generation primarily through direct sourcing and research. The Sourcing Recruiting Specialist works closely with internal Hiring Managers to refine, grow, and follow strategies that provide and maintain a qualified candidate pool for a variety of educational programs. They consult on how to improve existing strategies and provide feedback using analytics. They also create new strategies using knowledge of similar fields and strategies in other marketplaces.
What you'll do:
- Develop a network of potential candidates and industry professionals
- Define, solidify, and document sourcing and recruitment strategy for the Instruction team
- Source, pipeline and screen nationwide for active and passive talent professionals
- Proven expertise in both traditional and advanced talent sourcing techniques including full proficiency with Boolean search tactics, experience with a wide array of specialized sourcing tools, internet mining, professional networking, & cold calls
- A deep understanding of the primary resource sites, code repositories, groups, discussion forums, Chrome extension tools, job boards, internal databases, CRM databases, search engines, social media, and web mining techniques
- Consults with Hiring Managers on timeline expectations and job descriptions
- Submit candidates to the Instruction team for further qualification and interest in available opportunities
- Schedule candidate interviews, hiring manager screens and take home assessments
- Keeps Candidate Relationship Management databases updated at all times
- Track and analyze data on sourcing and conversion efforts to understand the efficacy of sourcing strategies and drive improvements as needed
What you'll bring:
- At least 2 years of experience in functional recruitment best practices in advanced recruitment
- At least 2 years of experience with computers, including in-depth internet knowledge and working proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheet, HRIS systems and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Successfully used standard and alternative recruiting sources to fill positions high School Diploma / GED
- Excellent communication and organization skillsPassionate about diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to work independently and proactively problem solve, developing creative approaches to sourcing and engaging candidates
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years of experience in direct sourcing experience
- At least 3 years of experience working in an ATS
- At least 3 years of experience sourcing through social media channels
- At least 3 years Hiring Manager consultative experienceBA/BS degree
- Familiar with Lever and working with a PEO a plus
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.