What We Do
CVS Health seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusing on the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern, lean way, and deploying continuously into the cloud. Our server teams are focused on building out our provider search and prescription fulfillment APIs. These services are used by multiple applications to help millions of our members effectively find the care and resources they need.
This role is fully remote within commuting distance of CVS Health office in: AZ, TX, IL, NY, MA, RI, GA
What You'll Do
At CVS Health you will immediately be immersed into a highly organized Agile delivery system that might blow your mind. This is not startup-level engineering; this is a Fortune 4 software organization. You will be working tightly within a gender and ethnically diverse team of about six people representing Engineering, QA, and Product. Your team will meet every day to discuss progress and challenges. You will be pairing multiple times per week with your teammates as well as colleagues on other teams to teach and learn. On a rigorous two week cadence you will contribute to design and planning discussions. Every quarter you and your team will actively participate in planning sessions to help ensure both smooth technical delivery and good work/life balance. You will look for ways to improve our service reliability and performance while our customer base continues to grow. You will be working with our product partners to deliver new features that improve user experience. You will be refactoring existing services to decrease time to market and improve developer satisfaction.
5+ years of relevant experience
Experience developing and deploying micro-services
Experience translating large features into software designs
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Experience with our current stack (NodeJS, AWS, Docker)
- Experience deploying and maintaining services on AWS, specifically ECS, ELB and RDS
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years API development experience
- Experience deploying and maintaining services in production serving millions of users
- Willingness to communicate across delivery teams about organizational objectives
- An open mind about different solutions and a willingness to discuss alternatives
- Willingness to actively mentor junior developers
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.