Rescue is a full-service marketing agency with a mission to make healthy behaviors easier and more appealing. Since our founding in 2001, Rescue has been exclusively focused on researching, developing, and implementing positive social change campaigns in public health. We provide research, strategy, creative, production, web, traditional media, social media, policy change, youth engagement and experiential marketing services to government, non-profit and healthcare clients in over 25 states and provinces, as well as to federal government agencies.
Rescue’s health behavior change marketing campaigns focus on topics such as tobacco, obesity, substance and alcohol prevention; the promotion of exercise, eating healthy foods, early childhood development, and after school programs; and other topics that promote healthy living. Rescue’s behavior change campaigns focus on diverse populations within teen (13 - 17), young adult (18 - 26), and adult (18+) populations in both rural and urban areas, resulting in a wide variety of campaign styles and strategies.
We believe that marketing can do more than sell goods, it can create good, and we are looking for team members that are ready to work hard to create a healthier world.
We are looking for a Sr. Copywriter with experience creating campaigns with video, digital media, website and social content. The ideal candidate should be a chameleon on paper, easily switching between brand voices and using their personality and passion to bring our national brands to life across digital and traditional media alike.
- Ideates creatively compelling campaign concepts that are on-brief and that can work across multiple mediums.
- Seasoned writer who can easily switch between brand voices, writing for subcultures like popular, skater, or hip-hop.
- Capable of establishing and implementing a brand tone and guidelines across a campaign.
- Evaluates and shapes ideas based on brand, strategy, budget and production feasibility.
- Partners to develop ideas with fellow project leads from design, video and web with oversight and support from the Creative Lead.
- Positive team player who knows how to incorporate feedback and quickly come up with more, creative copy solutions based on the ask.
- Provides Copywriters support and guidance as requested.
- Strategically presents ideas that tie back to the larger goals of the campaign and the client .
- Gives well thought-out and practiced presentations meant to persuade that hit on key client insights and highlight the value that Rescue brings to the project.
- Plays a key role on projects as the Writing Lead and Script Supervisor, as requested.
- As Writing Lead, is responsible for ensuring all copywriting deliverables are of high creative quality, hitting the brief, campaign goals and technically accurate.
- Agency experience preferred;
- High School Diploma/GED;
- Portfolio of relevant client creative work;
- Excellent writing skills in a broad range of styles;
- Proven ability to come up with strong, creative ideas and copy across a variety of mediums;
- Ability to brainstorm solo or in groups and develop big ideas from beginning to end;
- Experience writing video and radio scripts;
- Experience copywriting for organic and paid social media;
- Experience creating compelling copy for websites, mobile applications, and paid digital media;
- Experience creating compelling copy for print, OOH and broadcast commercials;
- Experience juggling numerous projects at once;
- Experience in social and digital campaigns/engagement tactics;
- Intimate familiarity with how brands engage in today’s connected universe;
- Proven ability to excel in high-stress, fast-paced environments;
- Proven ability to quickly identify problems and solve them;
- Highly attentive to detail with an ability to proof and self-edit their own work.
- Strong verbal communication skills;
- Strong editing/writing skills for various client deliverable, marketing materials, etc.
Location: Rescue is a remote work-friendly employer. With limited exceptions, remote work is allowed on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Careers@RescueAgency.com if you have any questions.
Benefits: Learn more about the benefits of working at Rescue here: http://rescueagency.com/careers/
If you’re ready to join our team of mission driven talent challenging the status quo, we’d love to meet you! Check out our Careers page at rescueagency.com/careers for more information about what it’s like to work at Rescue, and the benefits that we offer to our team members.
The Fine Print
All business-related environments are tobacco-free.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
All employees hired must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment. This includes employees who telecommute and work remotely. For Pfizer or Moderna, that is two weeks after an employee has received the second dose in a two-dose primary series. For Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen, that is two weeks after an employee has received a primary single-dose.
All applications must be submitted through Rescue’s online careers system (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at RescueAgency.com/careers). We do not accept applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. Please send questions to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: All email correspondence that you receive from Rescue Agency will be sent through an ‘@rescueagency.com’ email address. We recommend that you disregard any emails posing as authentic Rescue Agency accounts (e.g. @rescueaggency.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you receive a message from a Rescue employee, you can verify the legitimacy of the message by contacting us at email@example.com.
Rescue | The Behavior Change Agency is an EEO/Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer