The Developer Platform Infrastructure organization develops robust and resilient platform solutions for building, testing and deploying Splunk's software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk engineers.
This is an incredible opportunity to utilize your existing system design, devops, cloud and agile management expertise to build, develop and mentor an exceptional team that is integral to the next generation platforms enabling Splunk products.
What we’re looking for
A forward-thinking engineering leader who is passionate about the journey into the cloud. Build and lead a team of Software Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, scalability, testability and observability, along with the operational aspects required to create a world-class customer experience. This requires experience in designing, operating, administering and supporting mission-critical services to support a diverse engineering organization along with experience in developing microservices in a native cloud environment.
What you provide
- Demonstrated experience leading positive change, hiring and empowering people, cultivating innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams
- Experience in building software abstractions and tooling to enable developer velocity.
- Experience in CI/CD governance, monitoring and metrics driven architecture.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of critical services to reduce operational overhead
- Drive for Automation. You constantly challenge the status quo and are driven to automate manual processes. You inspire teams to embrace this philosophy.
- Cloud, container and virtualization experience. Innovating and scaling secure services on-prem and different cloud providers is a plus. You will use Splunk, SignalFX, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS/GCP, Gitlab and other best in class technology.
- Foster growth. You will meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit top-tier developers
- BS/MS degree in EE or CS or a related technical field.
- 3+ years proven experience in managing internal infrastructure, developer tools or distributed computing infrastructure teams.
- Desire to learn and adapt. You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to be excited and have utmost ownership of your projects.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. The team works in a broad problem domain where there are always new challenges or areas to solve.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing leaders through ownership and opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).