The Sr Field Solution Architect (FSA) - DevOps role focuses on pre-sales solution design. This role is responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies specific to DevOps software. The incumbent analyzes the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's technical environment and define actions to be performed in the sales cycle timeframe.
The FSA develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales Management of the teams they support and seen as a trusted advisor to grow business.
The FSA is expected to be subject matter expert in multiple families of solutions.
- Infrastructure as Code
- Security & Management
- Application Modernization
- AIOps & Observability
The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team. Knowledge around any of the following solutions will be critical to the success of this position.
Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, Rancher, VMware Tanzu, GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins, Red Hat Ansible, HashiCorp, Puppet, Sonatype, Sysdig, Elastic, BigPanda, Dynatrace, New Relic, LogicMonitor
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Is a passionate learner who demonstrates continuous learning by proactively expanding technical depth in products, solutions, and services. If pertinent, achieves certifications in advanced technologies for CDW's Partner Certification Requirements as it relates to DevOps and connected solutions.
- Operates with the perspective and insight that business needs, not just technology, establish the limits on what can be achieved.
- Designs technical solutions using standard approaches, considering the customer's infrastructure limitations and opportunities; analyzes, interprets, and presents assessment results.
- Determines and defines services that complement and/or round out infrastructure and software engagements.
- Uses team tools, templates, resources, and processes for maximum efficiency, productivity, consistency, and high-quality execution.
- Provides feedback to technology leaders where opportunities exist to improve offerings, design, and delivery execution.
- Conducts technology/solutions training for CDW audiences (e.g., Sales, ISAs), using developed material.
- Contributes to the team's knowledge base and readily shares knowledge with other FSAs, ISAs, and Sales.
- Creates new deliverable content and collateral for CDW and customer use.
- Assists new team members by answering questions and sharing expertise on the tools of the job.
- Assists new hires by answering questions and sharing information.
- Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new opportunities that complement the work that was completed.
- Researches and reviews customer profile information; applies knowledge of the vertical to develop customer intimacy prior to sales calls and/or strategy sessions.
- Assists customers in understanding their equipment maintenance contracts, upgrade needs, and renewals; analyzes the most cost-effective approach for the customer (e.g., renew the contract or purchase new equipment and contract.)
- Uses various tools to calculate the Total Cost of Ownership and/or Return on Investment and explains to customers and Sales the business value of a solution and its benefits.
- Articulates to customers the Practice's value proposition; articulates audience-centric version of the value proposition to customers, account managers, and partners and uses it to generate additional revenue opportunities for CDW.
- Guides (compares and contrasts) customers in their decision making within CDW Partners Technologies/Solutions (VMware, Red Hat, SUSE, HashiCorp, etc ); influences, guides and partners with customers to develop their IT strategy.
- Plans and executes events in territory by replicating plans from other successful events; secures funding to support CDW customer events; drives attendance to sponsored events.
- Leads business-focused technology solution presentations at CDW, Customer, and Partner events and meetings in your territory.
- Uses technology assessments and demos as a sales tool for furthering sales opportunities; identifies cross sell-and/or up-sell opportunities for an engagement, equips/assists FSAs and Sales to pursue it.
- Collaborates with Partners, ISAs, and AEs to drive mapped opportunities; fine tunes strategies and approaches to achieve greater sales results.
- Operates in a regular cadence with multiple partners to educate, plan, and execute on joint strategies in collaboration with multiple stakeholders (ISA, AE, SM, Field Sales); understands partner alignment in geography and leads customer opportunity mapping exercises; coordinates on-site partner visits.
- Develops a detailed and ambitious Territory Plan in collaboration with Partners, AEs, and ISAs and uses it to manage their business. Understands profit margin and how to increase profitability; works cooperatively with field sales to ensure healthy profitability. Leverages and maximizes partner pricing, partner registration programs, incentive programs, and special pricing, to win business and ensure healthy profitability, provides input on pricing to Account Managers, Field Sales, FSAs, and Partners to increase margin and deal size and position CDW for future opportunities; negotiates pricing with Partners.
- Produces marketing-type documents and materials (e.g., presentation) to customer in territory.
- Responds to questions about partner registrations, associated registration issues, and customer engagement history.
- Prioritizes time spent on opportunities based on potential return on investment.
- Produces Bills of Materials, including product maintenance; writes Statements of Work (including work estimates), RFPs, RFIs, and proposal content.
- Maintains pre-sales pipeline data, develops plans, and takes actions to move opportunities to closure.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Four-year minimum technical pre-sales or technical architecting experience
- Stay up to date on products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature, seminars, and online training
- Proven project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Proven success and experience selling technologies solutions and services
- Knowledge and proven success of engaging and working with sales teams
- Ability to execute on territory goals and metrics
- Ability to adapt and change to the business needs of the practice and team coverage model
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including consulting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Motivated and self-starting
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- VMware hands on experience
- Conceptual and/or practical knowledge of container and microservices
- Knowledge of agile methodology and framework
- Intimate knowledge of the SDLC
- Experience deploying or selling connected solutions within the cloud native ecosystem
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.