Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. In the last four years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $7 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card combines the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan. Our latest offering, Rewards Checking, gives customers access to no-fee checking accounts with 2% cash back rewards on common everyday spending. Learn more about the team.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably. Upgrade has been included in the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to join a team of 750 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
This is a remote position based in the United States.
What You'll Do
- Build a resilient, secure, and efficient cloud based platform.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Monitor and troubleshoot platform issues.
- Build and scale the technology infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand.
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with various company stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Development and QA to bring new features and services into production.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
What You'll Bring
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services and hands-on experience in AWS provisioning.
- Experience with Kubernetes (1.6+) and containerized applications.
- Understanding of microservices architecture and debugging/investigation techniques.
- Strong understanding of systems, networking and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience in automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Knowledge of cloud monitoring, logging and cost management tools.
- Strong programming/scripting knowledge - Python, Go, Helm.
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- AWS certification is a plus.
- Experience with other IaaS platforms is a plus.
Tools we use/teach
- Monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana, OpenTracing/OpenTelemetry.
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Ansible.
- CD: GitOps, ArgoCD, ArgoRollouts.
- CI: Jenkins.
- Optional: Java, Groovy.
- AWS: EKS, ECR, EC2, LB, route53, ElasticSearch, Shield, WAF
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Paid parental leave.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.