Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
What you will be doing
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine prior to their first day of employment. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Under general direction of the Senior Director, Business Communications, this position serves as both internal communications strategist and individual contributor who works across the Global Product & Services, and selected Global Pharma Services business segments, with the objective of supporting business strategy, annual business goals and ensuring our team members receive effective communication for education, enablement and navigating through changes.
- Formulation and execution of an integrated internal communications plan for assigned business units (specific groups in Global Pharma Services and Global Products & Services) based on the enterprise and BU strategy, AmerisourceBergen’s purpose and annual financial goals and objectives.
- Develop and create effective copy and material for a variety of distribution sources (intranet, executive communications, newsletters, etc.) to drive enablement and engagement in support of organizational goals.
- Lead the development and creation of communications dashboard to be delivered quarterly to business leaders and Vice President, Business & Digital Communications.
- Establish internal communications governance for business and serve as a subject matter expert and central contact for all internal communications ensuring standards and consistency of voice, appropriate to the target audience(s).
- Provide proactive support and serve as a trusted advisor to the business segment leadership teams on internal communications issues; collaborate with HR, Marketing, Operations, Sales, and other teams on key business unit initiatives.
- Manage and provide long-term strategy for all internal communication channels by regularly reviewing the effectiveness of our tools; propose new and efficient mediums of communication as required.
- Define and manage distribution lists and process for employee communications, establish and manage approval processes.
- Work with relevant AmerisourceBergen teams to ensure alignment of enterprise and business unit messaging.
- Analyze engagement and pulse survey results to inform communications strategy to drive deeper associate engagement.
- Utilize internal communications best practices to support change management and employee engagement initiatives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
What your background should look like
Requires training in fields such as communications, journalism, English or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education; normally requires a minimum of eight (8) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. Strong candidates are communications professionals with experience driving organizational communications for business-related programs. A successful candidate will have a deep commitment to customer service, ability to give counsel to senior executives with grace and diplomacy, a consultative approach to communications and strong interpersonal skills required to operate well in a team environment.
- Strong candidates are seasoned communications professionals with experience driving organizational communications for business-related programs.
- A successful candidate will have a deep commitment to internal customer service, a consultative approach to communications, and strong interpersonal skills required to operate well in a team environment across multiple groups. The candidate will have experience in working with senior leaders with diplomacy and tact with senaitive information.
- Experienced facilitator, skilled at identifying requirements, key messages, key stakeholders, and developing the approach to effectively share the information within the department as well as across the organization
- Ability to create strategy and execute as an individual contributor with limited oversight and additional resources
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Superior business writing and oral presentation experience, including the ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, and executives
- Ability to lead informally across multidiscipline work teams
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, as well as a service mindset
- Experienced in the development of business process and technical based communications; able to translate complex content into “understandable” messaging
- Experienced at designing, tracking, and managing new and existing communications vehicles
- Experienced in the management of 3rd party vendors, such as agencies or consultants
- Ability to identify areas for process improvements and develop a plan to implement the necessary changes; ability to identify and drive ad-hoc communications
- Skilled in editorial planning, content management, digital asset management and development
- Strong computer skills; experience using tools such as Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint
- Maintains confidentiality and displays discretion, especially as you’ll likely be exposed to information ahead of the rest of the broader organization in order to formulate the communications approach and messaging
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
Full timeSalary Range*
- $93,500 - 143,990This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.
Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Drug CorporationEqual Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.