HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior People Business Partner to help support our growing company. This role will provide support to line managers across HashiCorp. The ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations and work collaboratively with all of our HashiCorp team members across the globe. They’ll have a deep appreciation for what we do and a passion for how we do it. Success will be largely based on ability to build productive and positive relationships - but also on the desire to create replicable processes that can allow these relationships to thrive based on higher-order work.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues. Escalates to more senior PBPs and/or Legal when needed.
- Partner and coach managers and individuals to ensure they and their teams are growing and meeting their individual and team objectives.
- Works closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the larger People Team to develop solutions, programs, and opportunities for learning
- Partner with managers on people-related matters and decisions including organizational design, planning and compensation.
- Nurture our strong culture, providing role modeling of our principles and Tao.
- Drive equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout all of our people team programs and initiatives.
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Significant people experience in recruiting, employee relations, people operations, compensation/benefits, and/or organizational development
- Discretion and sound judgment while working with sensitive and confidential materials
- Demonstrated past success supporting teams, preferably a rapidly growing tech organization
- Experience managing employee relations issues that includes participation in investigations, handling employee disciplinary issues, and performance management meetings
- Strong desire to help others and intellectual curiosity about people and organizational issues
- Analytically driven skills; experience working with people metrics to guide decisions
- Passion for results; able to deliver full-cycle projects (start to finish) and results in a timely manner.
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Effective communication, and interpersonal skills; great listener
- Solid problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently
- Exceptional communication skills, specifically the ability to break down complex concepts into simple and clear language that anyone can understand
- Knowledge of equality, diversity, and inclusion approaches and history working on EDI initiatives
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-AB1 #LI-REMOTE