The role will be to act as the champion for product integrations at Deltek, including creation of business cases (to ensure that product integrations are given suitable priority alongside other product work at Deltek) and acting as overall Product Manager for all integration related project work. The candidate will work across all Deltek’s products and will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Product Architects, and the Integration Architect. The candidate will also be responsible for working with all other stakeholders (internal and external) throughout the lifecycle of each integration project.
- Drive data-driven clarity to how customers and partners use existing API products and define the functional requirements for Deltek’s Integration Roadmap. Work closely with the Integration Architect and Deltek Product Owners to develop technical requirements and communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Gather and document challenges and needs from clients, internal SMEs, product stakeholders and industry trends. Effectively communicate features, user stories and requirements to the Integration Architect to ensure understanding and value.
- Serve as the voice of the client and user and take a data-driven approach to prioritization to ensure the end-product meets the requirements and goals outlined at the beginning.
- Continuously measure the usability and value that the clients, users, and business derive from the features. Use data to make informed decisions on where to invest further.
- Create documentation to help train internal teams and customers on new functionality. Be a point of contact for internal teams such as product marketing, customer success managers, consultants, and sales.
- Develop business case justification for building / acquiring / partnering key new features, modules, or solutions.
- Work with the Program Management Office (PMO) to drive and manage incremental release plans to achieve roadmap vision.
- Work with Product Marketing to develop go-to-market strategies and to enable the Sales and Service teams to maximize the impact that integration enhancements will drive.
- Actively participate in product launch including early adopter programs to gauge user adoption and providing internal training.
- Deliver presentations and training to internal groups and external customers as a part of release readiness, user groups and corporate conferences
- Support sales and account management with prospect development and pursuits including assisting with RFP responses and proposals.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, especially with large scale, distributed products.
- Ability to break down technically complex customer needs into simple solutions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others.
- Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions.
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners.
- Strong customer focus, with a genuine interest in helping customers get the most of their Deltek products
- Great collaborator: able to drive cross-functional initiatives and deliverables and build strong working relationships
- Self-starter that can produce results with minimal direction
- Strong experience in Integration Platform strategies, including but not limited to Application and User level security models, API strategies, Product extensibility models and architectures, multi-tenancy data concerns, Data mgmt. / data sovereignty, etc., Experience in defining platforms in the cloud strongly preferred.
- Expected strengths / technical areas of expertise:
- Demonstrated history of data driven decision making and ability to handle large datasets.
- Strong communicator and demonstrated ability to bring clarity to complex areas.
- Understand the processes needed to design proper platform architectures, security models, enterprise integrations, and APIs
- Prior experience with enterprise platforms, and enterprise integration models
- Prior experience building packaging / positioning / pricing strategies (GTM).
- Prior background in Agile product management/Pragmatic Marketing methodologies and enterprise SaaS.
Better software means better projects. Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for project-based businesses. More than 30,000 organizations and millions of users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek for superior levels of project intelligence, management and collaboration. Our industry-focused expertise powers project success by helping firms achieve performance that maximizes productivity and revenue. www.deltek.com
Deltek, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Deltek, Inc., utilizes the E-Verify program with every potential new hire. This makes it possible for us to make certain that every employee who works for Deltek is eligible to work in the United States. To learn more about E-Verify you can cal