Req – 21000R0Z
Mound View, MN, Sunnyvale, CA or Remote in CA
Careers That Change Lives
In this exciting role as a Sr Reliability Engineer, you will have responsibility for ensuring product performance and reliability as part of the fast-growing Cardiac Ablation Solutions (CAS) operating unit. This is a post-market role which is vital in ensuring CAS products released to the market continue to meet and exceed the safety and reliability requirements and expectations of patients, clinicians, regulators, and the business. We are looking for an adaptive engineer with experience in design control architecture, design verification, risk management, and change control.
The Sr Reliability Engineer will work in a fast-paced environment, partnering closely with Design/R&D, manufacturing, and Regulatory Affairs. This role serves as a technical representative for the Reliability function, ensuring full compliance of the final product.
CARDIAC ABLATION SOLUTIONS provides a broad suite of electrophysiology solutions intended to disrupt and lead the market in cardiac mapping and ablation technologies for arrhythmia management. These clinical and economical solutions will enable clinicians to treat patients with safer, faster and easier, and with more predictable procedure times and outcomes.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
- Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
- Completes risk analysis studies of new design and processes.
- Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer and governmental agency reliability objectives.
- May develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
- As necessary, proposes changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
- May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered for this role, please ensure the minimum requirements are evident on your resume.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or technical field with 4+ years of work experience in Engineering and/or Quality OR Advanced degree in Engineering, Science or technical field with 2+ years of work experience in Engineering and/or Quality.
Nice to Have (Preferred Qualifications)
- 4+ years of experience in Quality or Reliability within the medical device industry.
- Experience with developing and implementing design controls, design verification, and change control.
- Experience with statistical analysis and Minitab.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Travel less than 25%, domestic and international