Cash App has grown rapidly to 70+ million users moving billions of dollars daily. To support this, we are building out Health — a new Platform organization responsible for product experiences aimed at promoting the health of the increasingly complex Cash App ecosystem. Health works to improve Cash App access for our customers, while limiting access for bad or unauthorized users by detecting and preventing improper use across all of our core product areas. The teams under Health creating these mission critical services and products include Identity, Access, Risk Controls and Support Automation.
We appreciate broad perspectives, a willingness to dive deep, and a readiness to work collaboratively across many disciplines (including product, design, operations, legal, data science, ML).
The Identity team's mission is to create a customer identity framework that can help support Cash App's growth, while maintaining high levels of customer trust. We work with some of our customers' most sensitive data, and we take privacy and security seriously. As a server engineer on the Identity team, you will work on systems that allow our customers to gain access to the global financial system. The contributions you make on this team will be used by millions of people globally.
As a Senior Software Engineer on Health Identity, you will:
- Design, build and support the core systems used to manage identity on Cash App
- Break existing monoliths into event-driven microservices
- Help define and implement an expanding roadmap
- Build and design an identity platform that is scalable, secure, and elegant
- Creatively solve challenging technical problems at scale
- 8+ years working on complex systems and delivering quality software
- Well-developed curiosity and enjoy building creative solutions to complex problems
- Worked on systems where data consistency and availability is required
- Taken technical initiative on previous projects
- Experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java 11 including JUnit, Hibernate, Guice, and Jersey
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, and Protocol Buffers
- Amazon Web Services
- Event-driven architecture