Sr. Systems Developer
Eventus Systems is looking to hire a highly capable Senior Systems Developer to join our dynamic, distributed team. As a Systems Developer, you will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our Validus product, applying software development best practices using a variety of languages, tools and technologies. Validus processes billions of records a day for a variety of financial institutions and provides trade surveillance, monitoring, and analysis capabilities to improve the overall health, robustness, and transparency of financial markets.
Systems Developer Responsibilities:
- You will help us improve our primary product offering Validus by developing, maintaining, and improving complex data-driven software components and systems, using a variety of technologies and tools, with focus in C++ and Python
- You will help drive architectural direction by evaluating potential solutions and technologies, with an emphasis on leveraging cloud technologies and architectures
- You will help develop testing infrastructure and write automated tests
- You will work closely with the operations team to assist with debugging and remediating live production issues, with an emphasis on incorporating relevant improvements back into the product
- You will help develop internal tools to improve our deployment, administration, and monitoring capabilities
- You will work closely with the product team to understand and refine feature specifications
- You will help develop and refine company standards, best practices, and processes for software development
- You will help interview candidates for other roles on the team
Systems Developer Requirements:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- You have 5+ years of experience building complex, distributed, data-driven, highly performant software applications
- You are adept at writing excellent code in several languages (at least C++ and Python) and comfortable switching between them as needed
- You have experience working with AWS or other cloud technology stacks and understand how to most effectively leverage cloud architectures
- You have experience improving development, quality, release, and deployment processes
- You have experience both integrating 3rd party software systems, and writing components from scratch, and can effectively evaluate decisions about which directions are most appropriate
- You are experienced working with relational databases and have a solid understanding of SQL and core relational database concepts
- You have experience using Linux and are comfortable and effective working in a shell environment
- You know how to write a solid shell script and occasional one-liner, but also recognize which things deserve to be made into something that's not a shell script
- You have experience working with git or similar source code management systems
- You are able to work effectively remotely
- You are able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- You have excellent communication and task management skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
ABOUT EVENTUS SYSTEMS, INC.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, and serving clients globally, Eventus Systems, Inc. offers one of the leading global trade surveillance and market risk platforms. Available as a cloud-based or real-time enterprise on-premise solution, the Validus platform provides sophisticated market surveillance and financial risk capabilities, enabling clients to solve some of the most pressing regulatory challenges. Validus combines multiple technology stacks including artificial intelligence (AI) to generate the optimum number of actionable alerts across equities, equity options, futures, foreign exchange (FX), fixed income and digital asset markets. Clients include Tier 1 banks, brokerages and futures commission merchants (FCMs), proprietary trading firms, exchanges, corporates and buy-side firms. Eventus has earned four major global recognitions in the past year for its Validus platform, including an FOW International Award for best Market Surveillance product, a Risk Technology Award for Market Surveillance Product of the Year and a Best Trade Surveillance Solution award from A-Team's RegTech Insight Awards. The firm also was one of only 19 U.S. companies to earn a spot on the global RegTech 100 list for 2020, the second consecutive year it made the list. Visit www.eventussystems.com. Follow Eventus Systems on LinkedIn and on Twitter @EventusSystems.
Eventus Systems is aiming to grow our fantastic team, add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and “at will” company. As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, Eventus Systems provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Eventus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Eventus Systems expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Eventus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.