If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better:
Through playing an important leadership role in the design/development of our next generation General Imaging (GI) Ultrasound products that are helping to save lives around the world.
You are responsible for:
- Applying acoustic wave propagation and signal processing theory to the design and specification of new imaging algorithms and imaging sub-systems.
- Leading development and implementation of new ultrasound imaging capabilities, including development plans, algorithm design, integration strategy, and SW implementation.
- Participate in the design, development, and integration of new ultrasound systems and transducers.
- Tune diagnostic ultrasound systems for optimum image quality on a range of transducers and imaging features. Also, work closely with customers to understand their needs and evaluation of new designs.
- Apply deep learning and AI techniques to improve ultrasound-imaging performance. Research network architecture and training methods optimal for specific clinical application and customer needs. Develop data augmentation methods based on ultrasound physics and imaging artifacts.
- Develop and participate in ultrasound feasibility and research projects, especially using deep learning and AI techniques to enhance ultrasound image clarity, increase frame rate and/or reduce computational complexity.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Product Management organizations to define new feature requirements to meet specific clinical applications and market needs.
- Help translate marketing/customer requirements into engineering specifications.
You are part of:
Our talented General Imaging (GI) Ultrasound team, where you will have the exciting opportunity to work with the best engineers and technology in Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging. You will be making a positive difference every day by developing ultrasound products that are helping to save lives all around the world.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following:
- Minimum of MS in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science. (PhD preferred)
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in ultrasound research and/or product development.
- Experience with ultrasound beamforming, antenna design/modeling, optimal acquisition design, signal and image processing.
- Experience in Clinical Science/Research and translational research, including scientific publications- desired.
- AI & Deep learning research experience- desired.
- Python, C++, and Matlab programming languages-desired
In return, we offer you:
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
How we work at Philips:
There are three core ways that define our ways of working – embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration. We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.