Company Overview: At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
ADT is seeking a Sr. UX Designer to join our UX Design team and lead our product Design System — Nebula. As the Sr. UX Designer, you will maintain, expand, and grow our design system to support and impact most core user journeys and products developed at ADT today and into the future.
Additionally, you will partner closely with other functional teams in a fast-moving, agile ecosystem, designing hardware and software product experiences. The ideal candidate can demonstrate collaborative, influencing skills with developers, a robust understanding of how code works, a killer eye for detail and problem-solving prowess, and a passion for documentation.
Experience with building native mobile applications is essential. In addition, experience with IoT, Interaction Design, and/or User Research is a huge plus. This position is 100% remote within the US.
Essential job functions and responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow the existing design system for the product engineering organization.
- Designing experiences across the current ADT products (hardware and software) suite and concept work for future technology.
- Ideate on future concepts for both hardware and software.
- Set recurring touchpoints/standups with collaborative teams to uphold transparency and progress.
- Establish a regularly recurring documentation schedule to support design system component releases, updates, and additions. Maintain existing documentation archive and push out to relevant stakeholders and cross-collaborative teams.
- Initiate an evolution and maturation strategy for the design system for both short- and long-term trajectories.
- Maintain accessibility standards within design system foundations and components.
- Build a strategy for continual systems design education across the product organization.
- Collaborate with the team scrum master and product managers to write stories/requirements to supplement high-fidelity designs or prototypes for sprint features.
- Lead and mentor other UX designers within the Nebula team.
- Design prototypes for testing and help cross-functional teams better envision feature and flow experiences.
- Collaborate with engineers on assets to support development.
- Consistent brainstorming and ideation with teammates to enhance and evolve our products.
- Ability to confidently support, explain, and rationalize your design decisions to teammates and stakeholders equally.
- Support updates to existing features to improve usability.
- Apply design thinking and user-centered research data when crafting experiences across products.
- Collaborate with our UX Research team to help create artifacts and scripts for user testing.
- Work with Marketing & Brand teams to ensure new designs are meeting creative guidelines.
- Share creative inspirations/influences and be comfortable providing/receiving constructive feedback.
- Competitive analysis and market research to help grow the product and design system.
- Four-year college degree required (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Design (UX/UI) experience in a professional setting required (school experience not included).h
- Minimum of 3 years of Systems Design experience in a professional setting required.
- A proven track record of building native mobile app experiences and helping to lead those design projects is essential.
- A history of working in, crafting, and maintaining design systems is fundamental.
- Ability to define, architect, and implement UX solutions based on stakeholders' requirements and designs.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Expertise with Figma; familiarity and experience using design system frameworks like Zeroheight, Invision DSM, or Adobe XD is a huge plus.
- Proficiency with industry-standard digital tools Sketch and Adobe CC; experience with Zeplin, Invision, Figma Mirror, Marvel, Axure, and/or Web UI toolkits; experience with Flinto, Principle, Framer, Lottie, and/or other modern interaction prototyping/motion tools a plus.
- Experience with Slack, Miro, Microsoft Office Suite, Atlassian products (Confluence, Jira, Trello).
- Up to date on the latest UX trends to help apply them to new features.
- Experience with usability testing and analyzing user feedback and behavior.
- Capable of consulting with business and engineering to develop achievable solutions that meet business needs.
- Must own duties that evolve from wireframes to prototypes to finished digital products.
- Familiarity with agile methodology and scrum is vital.
- Must be a detail-oriented, future thinker with a firm grasp of technology.
- Understand how to design to reach business goals.
- Ability to communicate and articulate ideas to project stakeholders.
- Ability to stay organized and calmly manage multiple projects at one time.
- Understanding of accessibility standards in product design experiences and design systems.'
- The base salary pay range for this role is $80K- $100K+ annually and is based on experience and qualifications
- AIP bonus
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
ADT LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn