Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role
As a Security Technical Program Manager in the Trust & Security organization you will play a critical role in fulfilling the vision to secure Confluent's platform and cloud offerings through a combination of technical expertise, security experience, and excellent program management skills. You should be comfortable and experienced in driving and delivering highly complex projects on time, running significant security programs that span the entire company, and participating in operational security exercises, such as incident response and vulnerability management.
Who You Are
Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team's and company's interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Mentor other Security Program Managers on execution and delivery, both from a security subject matter expert perspective as well as program management
- Work with stakeholders to drive cross cutting and/or critical security initiatives for the company
- Manage and scale security programs by defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation, and successful on-time delivery
- Proactively identify and resolve roadblocks/challenges affecting projects
- Drive automation and process improvements for security programs
- Explain technical architecture, decisions and tradeoffs to both engineering and other functions
- Work with Engineering, Product and Security leadership to streamline and drive our projects on a predictable schedule
- Participate in operational security work, including incident response and vulnerability management
What We're Looking For
- Experience in running long-term security programs that deliver iterative improvements and risk reduction over time
- Experience in operational security work, such as incident response and vulnerability management
- Experience driving complex and massive projects across the organizations
- Experience in areas such as release management, cost modeling, capacity planning a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills to work with both engineering and other non-technical stakeholders
- Experience managing end-to-end lifecycle of technical projects
- Strong technical skills. Experience in actual design and development of software projects is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.