Typical hours are Monday-Friday between 7AM to 6PM with some evenings and weekend support as needed.
The Technical Support Engineer provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging systems.
The Tech Engineer will have experience working with Rockwell Automation Control Products such as Circuit Breakers, Circuit Protection, Signaling Devices, Motor Starters, Printers/Plotters, and Rockwell Automation Communication Devices.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature
- Support Rockwell Automation portfolio of Industrial Controls/Electronic Power Components solutions including network communication protocols, ex. Ethernet, DeviceNet, Logix etc.
- Serve as company liaison to the customer, supporting multiple product families and various types of customer inquiries
- Manage customer interactions including and not limited to, setting expectations with customers prior to concluding an interaction, capturing the customer issue/resolution/steps taken to troubleshoot within Service Ticket notes, executing the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) process and following up with customer(s) in a timely manner
- Update and author Technical Notes and other documentation with solutions or workarounds to commonly experienced issues, how-to guides, videos, etc. to improve customer satisfaction and acceptance
- Typical hours are from 7AM to 6PM with some evenings and weekend support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology field; in lieu of degree, will consider an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training)
- Ability to work between 7AM to 6PM with some evenings and weekend support, as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Rockwell Automation will not offer sponsorship for this position
- 1-2 years experience working with Rockwell Automation Control Products such as Circuit Breakers, Circuit Protection, Signaling Devices, Motor Starters, Printers/Plotters, and Rockwell Automation Communication Devices
- Ability to provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature
- Ability to partner effectively with sales, project teams, customers & internal stakeholders
**For the right candidate, this position could be worked remotely from any location in the US
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7247.