At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing Talent Acquisition and The Government Health Management Systems Product Team in the Boeing Global Services Digital Aviation & Analytics organization is looking for a highly motivated Systems Engineering Technician 2 to join their team in Hazelwood, MO. This position will support the Automated Maintenance Environment (AME) suite of products across the F/A-18 fleet.
The AME product acquires and manages aircraft health and usage data, performs health and usage assessment, updates aircraft configuration, and recommends maintenance actions.
- The successful candidate will create and update OOMA Auto Log-sets, support the AME help desk, travel to Navy and Marine bases domestically and internationally to perform AME implementations and fleet training, and also help in other areas such testing and requirements definition.
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance and Navy or Marine operations is critical to this role.
- Good oral and written communications are essential to success in this position.
- This position will require frequent travel to bases across the US as well as potentially Kuwait, Malaysia, as well as other countries as needed to support the customer.
- Create and update OOMA Auto Log-Sets for new production F/A-18s
- Support the AME Help Desk
- Support implementation and fleet training events domestically and internationally.
- Support the team in other areas such as testing and requirements development.
- The typical travel frequency is 10%.
This position requires the ability to obtain an active U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.) An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Export Control Requirement:
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience with military aircraft and maintenance operations
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to work in a fast pace environment with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Experience with any of the following is desired:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Physics
- Experience with administrative work in the U.S Navy’s Maintenance Management System, OOMA.
- Experience with F/A-18 maintenance operations
Education & Experience:
Bachelors’ degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in Engineering. It is desired that the individual possess 3+ years of experience non-degreed technical experience in the field of military aircraft.
This position is flexible to 100% virtual work at specific locations near other Boeing sites or priority U.S. Navy customer sites. (Fort Walton Beach, FL, Oklahoma City, OK, Philadelphia, PA, Charleston, SC, and Virginia Beach, VA) Onboarding will require initial extended visits to St. Louis, MO for training.
This position does offer relocation to eligible candidates
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.