Synergy is seeking an IT Solutions Technical Project Manager for a major Government Information Technology program. The project team is highly collaborative, agile, and fast paced. The large project team is made up of experienced, dedicated, hard-working, fun-loving professionals who are respectful, supportive, and appreciative of each other. Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain Public Trust authorization from the U.S. government.
- Manage day-to-day project operation including but not limited to project requirements, execution, risk and change management
- Create, update and communicate project schedule including project milestones, critical execution path and justification for any change to the baseline schedule
- Submit contractual deliverables. This will include creating, reviewing and updating deliverables on an as needed basis
- Create Monthly Progress Status for the project
- Engage with customer on a regular basis. This will include proactively tracking emerging issues and risks across the project, providing timely status update, and escalating issues in a judicious manner
Qualification and Experience:
- PM will be responsible for the build-up, coordination, and completion of project
- Manages multiple application development projects, and oversees all aspects of assigned projects and the software application development life cycle.
- Sets schedules and deadlines, assigns tasks and responsibilities, allocates resources, and monitors and summarizes progress of project in an iterative methodology environment.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, other teams and organizations, contractors, vendors, and others.
- Prepares project status reports for upper management
- Reviews project milestones and products, and is responsible for all deliverables.
- Implements organization standards and best practices in project execution, and ensures projects are clearly documented and communicated to stakeholders.
- Qualifications:Experience managing large projects in the IT field or related area
- Expert knowledge of application development (SDLC) from planning and inception through implementation and post-production support
- Strong Agile knowledge
- Leadership / Coach / mentoring leadership style (micro managers need not apply)
- Possess knowledge and expertise in the use of various delivery methodologies and have a clear understanding of change management techniques
- Experience in project management disciplines including organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks, building a functional team from scratch, and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- The ability to remove blockers that are impeding team and customer success in a heavy regulated / multi-stakeholder environment
- Leadership capabilities, team-centric skills and strong solution orientation
- Seeks first to understand then to improve processes, relationships and our software deliverables.
- Good balance of urgency with long turn sustainability (it is a marathon not a sprint).
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbally, including in external customer-facing situations
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; balancing strategic alignment with technology road map and emerging industry trends with practical delivery.
- Experience with business process workflow automation
- Ability to obtain and maintain Federal Government Position of Trust
- Must be a U.S. citizen or foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must pass a background investigation
- Enterprise / Cloud software experience
- PMP Certification - or the ability to obtain certification within 3 months of hire
- Large organization experience
- Experience managing government projects
**Synergy prefers that all new employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before their start date. Requests for exemptions and accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.**
Synergy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history) or protected veteran status.