CivicPlus is a high-growth technology company committed to creating more positive civic experiences. Inc. Magazine has selected CivicPlus as “One of the Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies in the U.S.” since 2011.
Headquartered in Manhattan, Kansas, CivicPlus maintains satellite offices in Marlborough, Massachusetts, Tallahassee, Florida, Portland, Oregon, and New Haven, Connecticut, and has remote staff nationwide. Across all our in-office and remote locations, we foster fun, fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative environments.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
We believe that diversity drives innovation. The best companies, like the best communities, foster environments in which everyone feels safe to be themselves. We believe our workforce should reflect the communities we serve. We are committed to attracting and retaining those who share our mission of helping government work better through an employee development strategy built on equity and equal opportunity. We promise to foster a culture of inclusion where everyone feels respected, appreciated, and welcome so that together, we create technology to build a better community.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a background in web technologies, standards, and culture.
We Offer You
- An opportunity to help build technology solutions used by over 7,000 local governments and their citizens
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Our core values: purpose-driven, ambitious, trustworthy, team-player, and innovative
- The ability to work with and be inspired by colleagues who share your passion for using technology to improve citizen experiences
What we will expect you to do...
- Clearly communicate designs, ideas, and concepts to a variety of roles, from Software Engineers to company leadership
- Based on results of project definition and requirements gathering, sketch and/or prototype a product to provide a foundation and framework for development
- Clearly and definitively explain design decisions to Software Engineers and project stakeholders
- Design flexible, adaptable, forward-thinking, as-future-proof-as-you-can-make-it layouts and interfaces that display correctly in our supported browsers
- Perform usability testing and make useful changes from the results
- Keep up with best practices and evolving standards of the industry
- Help educate coworkers in basic techniques to improve usability/design
What you will likely need to succeed...
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Web Design, or a similar field OR equivalent experience
- Strong portfolio of relevant design work for the web
- Strong understanding of web technologies, standards, and culture
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards, including WCAG
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to sketch/prototype well to communicate ideas and concepts
- Advanced skill with semantic HTML & CSS
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch or Adobe XD, and a text editor/IDE of your choice
- Familiarity with Git, NPM and/or Yarn, Material UI, and test driven development a plus
- CivicPlus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. At CivicPlus, we celebrate and support diversity for the benefit of our employees, products, clients and communities we serve.
- Upon receiving an offer of employment, candidates must complete required pre-employment screenings, which include a drug test and background screen. Offer of employment is contingent upon this post offer screening process. All testing will be conducted by a licensed independent administrator, which will follow testing standards and background screens in accordance with state law.