Designlab is looking for stellar UX and Product Designers with hiring management experience to join our platform as UX Academy Career Coaches for the next generation of creative talent.
// ABOUT DESIGNLAB //
We’re a platform for mentor-led, online design education with a focus on quality and outcomes. We offer a range of courses that facilitate design and creative thinking skills. Each of these courses teaches design through hands-on projects and 1:1 mentoring. Our mentors, our team and our students are all fully remote and we have built a thriving online design community. To find out more about us, our courses or how we work, visit https://trydesignlab.com
// ABOUT THE ROLE//
We have over 400+ amazing designers from around the world mentoring on Designlab and are looking to grow this team. If you have a passion for design and get inspired by the thought of building the next generation of world-class designers, then this opportunity could be for you.
As a Designlab coach, you will work with amazing students from around the world; connect to other top designers; and earn money while giving back to the design community. If your application is successful, you will be paired with students whose availability matches yours and you will mentor them through the duration of their course.
Designlab Career Coaching is part-time and flexible – you choose how many students you can take on per month, and at the times that suit you.
Once you have committed to a student, you will need to be available to coach them on a weekly basis for the duration of their course giving feedback on their portfolio and on their job hunt.
Your commitment to each student:
- Career Services: 1 x 30 minute video call per week and written feedback on project submissions for 12 weeks
// RESPONSIBILITIES //
- Mentor students on their design coursework while they undertake Designlab's online courses through:
- Providing timely and detailed written feedback on student submissions and job applications
- Conducting 1:1 video sessions with students via Skype/Zoom/Google Hangouts
- Maintain up-to-date availability for sessions
- Communicate promptly via the platform to schedule student sessions
// REQUIREMENTS //
- Hiring manager experience
- 3+ years of UX/UI design experience, ideally in a senior or manager role
- Strong English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passion for education, design, and creative work
// COMPENSATION //
- Career Services Mentors: $37.50 per student session, paid monthly
TO APPLY, VISIT OUR MENTORSHIP PAGE: http://trydesignlab.com/become-a-mentor