Applecart is a marketing technology company based in New York City. Founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecart helps national nonprofit organizations, advocacy groups and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: influencing the hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers.
As a UX Design Consultant, you will help Applecart improve the user experience of the platform which creates our targeted audiences. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to make the platform more user friendly, strategizing with the product team about implementing your recommendations, and helping the engineering team actualize your vision.
This position is a well-defined, remote, highly flexible and time-limited consulting engagement with potential for additional work on future iterations of the product if successful.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $30M in revenue, with annual revenues in excess of $10M.
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Party's most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Current and past clients include Blackstone, Boeing, KKR, the Environmental Defense Fund, the Business Roundtable, Governor John Kasich, Congressman Conor Lamb and Republican Voters Against Trump.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
What You'll Do:
- Creating an audience is a combination of steps on and off our platform. You'll work with us to design intelligent solutions to integrate the off-platform tasks into our platform.
- As part of the same engagement, Applecart seeks a UX/Product Designer who will also improve the user experience in the existing interface with the goal of allowing a broader base of internal users to feel comfortable utilizing the platform
- You will have direct access to the platform's internal users who will be available for user research and testing (you'll also have their everlasting gratitude as your work will make their lives easier).
- You will produce wireframes, concepts and prototypes that the engineering team will implement upon the completion of the engagement.
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of experience designing user facing products, experience working on internal platforms a huge plus
- You have a clear understanding of the challenges surrounding information architecture and have designed solutions to surface the correct data to the correct users at the correct time
- You have a portfolio with a collection of products with great user experience that demonstrate strong problem-solving and design skills
- You are collaborative, candid and feedback driven