Ready to be a Titan?
As a UX writer at ServiceTitan, you’ll work closely with members of the Product, Service Design/UX, CX, and Documentation teams to build UI experiences that offer our users clean and clear workflows when using our products, helping us reshape product features and concepts so they're more intuitive and easy to use.
An experienced writer for product and advocate for our users, you'll use your UX tool box and methods, including design thinking, data, and empathy, to help our product team enhance the user experience across all our feature components, while identifying opportunities for improvement. Additionally, you’ll be our go-to expert for all things in-app copywriting and editing to help others in the org support the overall vision of the UI/UX experience.
What you’ll do:
- Writing and editing UI text for web and mobile interaction flows to help users use our products, including but not limited to feature naming, product tours, error messages, and instructional content
- Leading content audits to identify opportunities and drive consistency across the product
- Editing and managing existing in-app content and UI copy elements in our design system
- Contribute to our content guidelines and promote UI best practices and standardization across all our products
- Managing and prioritizing projects with multiple stakeholders across different teams within the product org
- Understanding VOC/customer needs in building features, including participating in research and visiting customers on site
- Ability to critique the style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
- Collaborate with, influence, and drive consensus with product managers, design, stakeholders and their feedback
- Working with other writers to define a cohesive narrative across the product and documentation, including meeting UI and in-app copy writing/editing standards
- Completing high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant experience in producing content for digital products
- Experience in conceptualizing and strategizing delivery of UX content, including, but not limited to, user interface copy, in-app/microcopy, user education as an in-app experience, UI style guides, or product launch content
- Experience working with lightweight markup languages (Markdown) and GitHub
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience working with SaaS products
- Experience collaborating with product managers, QA, design, technical writers, and other members of the product org in an Agile environment, including localization teams
- Experience using design or other collaboration tools (InVision, Zeplin) for effective communication across projects and teams
- Familiar with JIRA/Confluence
- Strong interest in emerging trends in the UI/UX space and content strategy
Please submit a writing portfolio (3–5 samples) that demonstrates your ability to produce simplified user experiences through captivating and engaging in-app, UI content.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.