Here at CBT Nuggets, we are first and foremost learners. To us, that means knowing that we have a lot to learn and then dedicating ourselves to learning and applying it to our craft. We’re fired up about what you already know, but don’t tell us, teach us, and then learn alongside us. We’re looking for humans with passion, empathy, and accountability. We can’t promise that being a CBT Nuggets team member will be easy—in fact, we’ll go ahead and promise now that it won’t—but it will be educational and rewarding. If you want to learn more, we already like your style.
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Web Designer is responsible for receiving or initiating design project or campaign requests, researching, scoping, designing, and delivering full website experiences for the CBT Nuggets public website. The role works with the design team within the marketing program and works with stakeholders in management, sales, and support to deliver production-ready digital designs to development teams. The Web Designer is responsible for balancing business initiatives, market and user research, and best practices to accomplish the campaign and/or project goals. The Web Designer must have an understanding of UX/UI design, marketing practices, and computer programming.
A portfolio is required to be submitted with the application.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Depth of experience and skill in graphic, digital, UX, and UI design
- Proven ability to design solutions for business goals
- Proven ability to manage and adhere to a design system, and know when to add to or modify it
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be proactive and problem solve
- Flexibility in accommodating rapid change
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills to manage through diplomacy
- Brand design: Works within CBT Nuggets established brand guidelines and design system. Understands when to break the system to meet the goals of a project. Co-manages and collaborates with the design team on the CBT Nuggets design system, continuing to add to it, iterate on it, and grow its adoption within the organization.
- Creative campaign design: Works with internal designers, marketing team members, and various product, development, and learner-facing teams to design creative campaigns that support organizational goals and objectives, while executing seamlessly across a variety of mediums.
- Design expertise: Creates project flows, wireframes, and prototypes to satisfy the task, project, or campaign needs. Determines if deliverables are low or high fidelity design. Stays up-to-date on website design, digital trends, and opportunities within design and marketing, as well as the IT industry. Maintains knowledge in the technical programming of CBT Nuggets development team.
- Balancing design goals: Maintains equal loyalty to the user experience and the business objectives, designing creative solutions to satisfy both. Can advocate for the user empathetically and respectfully while actively listening to project stakeholder needs. Uses design solutions to create balance in the cases of competing objectives.
- Design projects: Manages multiple high-priority projects in varying states of the project cycle. Iterates on design per incoming feedback including, but not limited to: design team peer reviews, stakeholder review, technical constraints, legal consults, or business pivots. Supports design project deliverables from request to production. Presents designs clearly and concisely.
- Design delivery: Sees all design projects through delivery including file preparation, documentation/annotation, development handoff, asset delivery, and participation of design QA for all development projects.
- Education required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Design, Marking, Journalism, or STEM field
- Skills/experience required:
- 5 years experience designing website and mobile solutions for business objectives
- Strong portfolio showcasing design solutions
- In-depth knowledge and experience in design software and tools, including but not limited to Adobe Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Experience in adhering to and maintaining a design system
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative and comfortable working on a team
- Attitude required:
- Honesty, humility, and integrity
- Inclusive and respectful
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for learning
- Comfortable with autonomy
- Eager to add new skills and grow professionally
- Skills that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience with Contentful and Wordpress
- A love of IT and/or technology
- Ability to be proficient with an Apple laptop
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, and internal CBT Nuggets software
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
To continually improve the effectiveness of learning.
CBT NUGGETS BRAND COMPONENTS:
Position: The distinct point of difference our brand holds in the minds of our target audience.
- IT training you can trust.
Personality: The human traits that describe our brand as if it were a person.
-Passionate, empathetic, and accountable.
Promise: The consistent experience we commit to providing at every touchpoint.
- Learner First
What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish its mission with your help.
Sign up for the free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customer and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into a better use.
Smile, and enjoy the process.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (sex), gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, physical appearance, hairstyle, need for reasonable accommodations, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation or familial status. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender (sex), gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, physical appearance, hairstyle, need for reasonable accommodations, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation or familial status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals who need accommodation for medical or religious reasons, as provided by law, in regards to candidate selection, job assignment, compensation, training, benefits, promotion, discipline, and termination, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to CBT Nuggets. The Company is committed to engaging in an interactive process for qualified individuals seeking reasonable accommodations as provided by law.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.