About the Programmer position
We are looking for an experienced Programmer who will help us with creating secure and functional code. You will provide quality coding solutions both for simple applications and complex information systems.
For this position, we require a polyglot with demonstrated skills in:
- Native mobile development
- PHP frameworks/CMSs
We normally work with a number of php and python frameworks, and do mobile development as well, so experience with other languages and frameworks is a huge plus. Proven experience with firebase is also a huge plus. This is to support existing clients ongoing project and support needs.
Remote is obviously ok, but we are only looking for an individual in/near the Eastern timezone who is authorized to work in the US. We are not interested in agencies.
We expect you to have a passion for technology and software building. Besides, you should possess close attention to detail and an analytical mind.
Programmer responsibilities are:
- Work together with business analysts and developers to produce software designs
- Interpret program specifications and basic prototypes
- Develop quality code in the appropriate language, in accordance with software designs and specifications
- Reuse individual software solutions when constructing higher level systems
- Run tests against your code on a regular basis, ensuring that it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary
- Implement upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient
Programmer requirements are:
- 2+ years' experience of working on a Programmer position
- Solid experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
- Good experience with CSS
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with detail-oriented mindset
- Strong abilities to discover and fix errors in code
- BSc or BA in computer science, software engineering or other relevant area, or equivalent experience
Switchback is a small, Ann Arbor, Michigan-based web application development company that specializes in Drupal, but frequently uses other frameworks and languages when needed. We support client's native mobile applications and design and implement cloud architectures. We love building complex web applications and websites that solve interesting problems. We don't do a lot of brochureware, nor are we a do-it-all marketing shop.
Our goal is to build a dynamic, team-driven company that provides a flexible, balanced, and enjoyable work environment.
Our target salary range is 50 - 65k, depending on experience. We offer competitive benefits including vacation and holiday time, health care, a bonus structure, and more.
Full Time; part time or contractors may be considered. No agencies or C2C please.