Customer data is the fuel that drives all modern businesses. From product analytics, to marketing, to support, to advertising, advanced data analysis in the warehouse, and even sales – customer data is the raw material for each function at a modern business.
Harnessing that customer data and getting it to the marketing and analytics tools that require it has always been a challenge….until now.
Freshpaint is a Customer Data Platform that powers the entire customer data pipeline and integrates all your tools. We make it really easy for technical teams like engineering, data, and even product to collect customer data. Then we make it really easy for business teams like product, marketing, sales, support, and more to access customer data in the tools they use day-to-day.
We do particularly well in highly regulated industries, where managing data in complex regulatory environment is...hard.
Freshpaint helps companies manage customer data with two offerings:
1. PHI Management Platform for HIPAA. We help healthcare providers keep first-party customer data HIPAA compliant across their tech stack
2. Customer Data Platform. We make it really easy for teams to collect customer data and activate it using their preferred analytics, data, and marketing tools.
We’re fully remote. If you strongly value in-person work, Freshpaint is likely not the best fit for you. Even though we don’t care where you’re located, we do need employees to work US timezone hours. Many of our team is concentrated in various metro areas like SF or NYC.
To balance out our remote-ness, we gather the team 2-4 times per year for offsites. We’ve been to Greece, Jackson Hole, Cabo, Santa Fe, and California wine country in the recent past.
We’re backed by leading investors including Y-Combinator, Intel Capital, Abstraction Capital, Data Community Fund, Comma Capital, Pioneer Fund, Hustle Fund, and angel investors like the Head of Data from Slack, Head of Data at LinkedIn, and more.
Who we are:
Freshpaint was founded by web analytics veterans who noticed that the problem of collecting customer data and getting it to all the tools you need to run your business was still not solved. We started as part of Y Combinator’s S19 cohort. We launched our MVP in January 2020, and spent the rest of 2020 working with a handful of early customers to build the product. In 2021 we focused on getting our go-to-market wheels turning and scaling our customer base for the first time. We’ve increased ARR by nearly 10x in the last 12 months.
Our team has deep analytics and growth experience, with all of us coming from high-growth companies like Heap, Mixpanel, Pendo, Iterable, and Quantum Metric.
If you value lots of freedom and ownership in your work, interfacing with customers, and working on a product with high customer impact, then Freshpaint is your home.
What you'll be doing:
Salary: OTE range of $160,000 - $250,000 at plan for typical candidates (we flex for exceptional candidates). If you're selected, we'll make an offer within this range that matches the experience you're coming with. We respect your time and don't intend to waste it.
Requirements - what you'll bring:
(If you don't meet all of these requirements, you should still apply. We're big on high-slope individuals, so if you can quickly grow into some requirements we'd love to hear from you)
- 2+ years of closing experience in a quota-carrying role selling B2B SaaS to commercial/mid-market or small enterprise
- You’re strongest on a team working mostly mid-5-figure deals ($20-80k ACV)
- Experience working with deal cycles 60-90 days
- Customer first mindset and strong discovery skills – you love understanding the problem the customer is trying to solve, and you work hard to help them solve it.
- Overachieving sales goals (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
- Excellent writer and speaker
- You have a strong outbound muscle. You have the skill and will to generate opportunities, and you can take your talents and train the rest of the team
- Self-starter, quick learner, and avid prospector
Nice To Have
- Experience with Command of the Message is helpful
- Experience with MEDDIC is helpful
- Previously a top-performing SDR or experience in sales development in a hyper-growth startup
- You’ve been an early employee at a similarly early stage startup and you know what it’s like (you’ll be employee #15-25ish at Freshpaint)
- Deep knowledge of customer data, product analytics, and the various popular companies in the space
Benefits - what we offer in return:
- Joining a high-growth venture-backed startup on the first floor. You will be employee #20 ish.
- Competitive compensation with generous, employee-friendly equity. We have a 10-year exercise window.
- Freshpaint Fridays: Half-day Fridays. Every week.
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum requirement of 2 weeks per year. Plus various observed holidays.
- 100% remote
- Flex in-office if you want with $150 WeWork credits each month
- Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered by the company (some states it’s 99% because laws).
- Mental health benefits - therapy appointments and more covered by the company
- 2 Treat Yourself Days per year: We'll pay you $100 to take a day off and do whatever makes you happy. The only catch is you have to share what you did with the rest of the team.
- Generous parental leave
- Paid Spotify
- Health & Wellness benefit – gym membership or similar covered
- Regular team offsites 2-4 times per year. We’ve been to Greece, Jackson Hole, Cabo, Santa Fe, and California wine country in the recent past.
- Ownership of your work, collaboration with a close team, and direct access to founders and what it’s like to build a startup. If you leave to start your own company, we'd love to be your first angel investors.
If you are interested in reading more about our team and our values, check out our team page.
Interested? How to apply
Please reach out even if you don’t meet all criteria! If you’re smart and driven, we’d love to hear from you.