Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
We are looking for a Mid Market Account Executive to join Checkr X, our innovation program aimed at finding and bringing to market new product bets for Checkr. This team is specifically thinking about People infrastructure for the future of work, beyond background checks, and is designed to operate and iterate quickly like a new startup, while being able to leverage our existing strengths and assets from our core business. Think about joining a startup within a startup!
We are specifically hiring a Mid Market Account Executive for Checkr Pay - our current bet in the payments space. Checkr Pay is a full-service payments platform for the gig economy. Checkr Pay allows gig platforms to pay their workforce instantly, seconds after completing a job - at no cost to the platform or the worker. Our core product is a digital wallet experience, including a free Visa debit card, that is embedded directly in gig platform apps/websites. This product supports a seamless onboarding flow for new workers, improving conversion by as much as 30%. Our embedded instant pay solution is the core platform on which we are building a new financial ecosystem for the gig economy, which moves the needle on financial inclusion for the unbanked and underbanked. This ecosystem includes rewards, benefits, fraud prevention, new financial products, and more. Learn more about our vision here. We launched our MVP in late 2022, and our user-base has grown 2x/mo since then as we launch new gig platforms every quarter. Join our team as we rapidly scale our product to power the future of the gig economy!
You will play a critical role in supporting our first customers on the Checkr Pay MVP. As an Account Executive, you will drive new business in the mid-market segment through your prospecting, deal and pipeline management, and closing abilities. As an early resource, you will have a say in how we launch and grow this department within Checkr Pay by working directly with leadership, product, and engineering counterparts within Checkr Pay.
Please note: We are open to remote candidates in the following locations: California, Colorado, New York, Boston, Seattle, Austin, Chicago, Portland and Washington DC. We also have great offices in SF and Denver for those interested in a hybrid/in-office experience.
What you’ll do
- You will engage business executives to pursue and close new business within the Mid Market segment (100-10k employees) across a wide variety of vertical markets
- You will do outbound prospecting to fill your pipeline with qualified sales opportunities, as well as handle inbound leads that come through our Customer Success Managers
- You will consistently achieve revenue targets by applying modern sales techniques and processes to efficiently manage sales opportunities through your funnel to a successful close
- You will use your creativity and tenacity to develop and improve how we target and penetrate new vertical markets.
- As part of the sales team, you will contribute directly to the success and growth of the company
What you bring
- 2-3+ years of SaaS technology full-cycle sales experience in a hunting role
- Taking ownership of your territory with strong outbound and closing skills
- Demonstrable track record of above target performance, especially in a startup environment
- Experience selling HR technology and/Fintech is ideal
- You learn quickly and are excited to take on challenging new projects
- As a true colleague you enjoy planning, executing, winning, and celebrating as a team
- You are a clear and direct communicator
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The base salary range for this role is $59,753 to $124,372.
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $78,138 to $91,927.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.