You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
The Account Manager is a part of Global Specialty Operations, will serve as a critical partner to the Commercial Marine Ocean Cargo underwriting teams. The individual focuses on service experience & book of business management, while also acting as a key contact for agents and brokers. This is an individual contributor role without supervisory responsibilities. Strong communications skills are crucial. This position works in a team environment which can span multiple offices; however, the individual is expected to be able to exercise decision making skills and problem solving while working independently and prioritizing a high volume of workload. Complexity of work varies from standard, routine tasks to more complex problem solving and analytical assignments. Some project work may be assigned as needed.
- Renewal Analysis/loss analysis and prepping entire account for renewal quotes
- Prepare and issue Binders, Policies, Endorsements and follow up for missing subjectivities
- Some Rating analysis is required for renewal prep work and underwriting thought process
- Review and analyze Endorsement requests, escalate issues as required, process endorsements
- Serve as a point of contact for brokers and provide optimal customer service experience on behalf of the company
- Careful adherence to compliance standards and excellent maintenance of account files, underwriting documentation
- Participation in projects, as needed
Main systems used: Outlook/ Ascend/ Image Right/ web based vendors. (Genius knowledge a plus but not required)
Agency Management & Client Relations
- Serve as a critical partner to the underwriting teams within the Middle Market Commercial organization. The individual focuses on service experience & book of business management with primary metrics of retention, profitability & growth, and acts as a key contact for agents and brokers within the assigned territory. The individual maintains and utilizes a strong level of P & C commercial lines industry and market knowledge to contribute to the overall success and profitability of the Commercial organization.
- Routine, structured and high-complexity of caseload and assignment work
- Accountable for the overall and entire service experience, facilitating functional experts and delivering a differentiated experience. Penetrates the agency CSR relationship.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key agency contacts and decision makers through regular interaction regarding new account marketing, renewal retention, quoting and delivery of excellent agency service. Effective at rebuilding damaged customer relationships.
- Accompanies underwriters and sales staff on marketing visits in order to establish working relationship (target: 3 per year).
- Prepares submissions for rating and acts as the gatekeeper between the agent, Underwriter and the Operations Service Center
- Performs initial prequalification on all new account submissions, generates a summary of all findings and makes a recommendation to pursue or decline
- Leads pre-qualification meetings with Underwriter and provides recommendations on new & renewal accounts.
- Works independently to proactively maintain timeliness of information in the underwriting files.
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups. Can win concessions without damaging relationships; focus is on win/win proposition for agents and company when reviewing new or renewal accounts.
- Support sales efforts through an understanding of Middle Market strategies and industry programs, as well as makeup of assigned book of business and agency territory; clear understanding of sales and business goals, top partner performance, and book mix.
- Uses strong information gathering and diagnostic skills to solve problems.
- Coordinate activities for all supporting tasks (Rating, Agent/Broker information, Risk Engineering, etc.) on new business submissions and renewal accounts.
- Prioritizes territory workload based upon varying service requirements and customer needs of different activities/transactions.
- Monitors work performance to ensure quality objectives and service commitments are achieved.
- Facilitates routing of tasks and work between agents, underwriters, service team, and home office team.
Project / Backup support
- Backs up other Account Managers as needed. Routes information to and from underwriting teams in the absence of local underwriter.
- May support various projects as determined by Operations and/or underwriting staff.
- Prior Commercial Insurance Account Manager or Underwriting Assistant experience at an agency or carrier preferred
- Preferred level of knowledge of the following commercial insurance coverages: Marine Liability, Marine Craft, General Liability, Terminal Liability, Marine Package
- Ocean Cargo experience a plus
- College Degree preferred
- Strong Customer Service orientation and Relationship Building skills required
- Effective Communication Skills / Written and Verbal
- Strong technical ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume work environment
- Professional Demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point Software. Knowledge of ImageRight, other insurance platforms also desired