Advanced Software Developer
Are you a problem solver who likes to work smart?
Is creative coding your passion?
If you answered yes to these questions, we have an opportunity for you.
Webafrica is a top ISP in the country and we are looking for a developer who is edgy, innovative, and thrives on constant improvement. To let loose on some new and exciting projects we are implementing.
The addition to our dev team will be afforded the opportunity to turn code into functional art.
And, this position is fully remote!
Great! Then stop hiding in room 404, step forward and show us the strength of your algorithms.
- Must love to work in a team
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to mentor/coach
- Must be able to lead projects well
- Relevant qualification - Computer Science degree or Diploma
- 3+ years’ .NET experience - full stack
- Must work well within an agile software development environment
- Working knowledge of the Scrum methodology’s principles and processes
- Working knowledge of relational databases – MSSQL & MySQL
- Working knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
- Current and up to date experience in web technologies utilizing SOA patterns
- Knowledge of OOP design and patterns
- Experience using PHP or the willingness to learn
- Strong use of source code repositories
- Ability to provide creative and innovative ideas for new developments and/or improvements on existing systems
- Ability to provide accurate documentation on technical specifications and code standards (when required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work and learn independently
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Self-motivated and driven
- Ability to communicate technical, complex concepts to relevant stakeholders
- To be able to work methodically
- Must be able to adapt to changing situations and circumstances
What will you be doing, exactly?
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of all software applications by:
- Provide 3rd level support by investigating and resolving incidents in accordance to SLA’s
- Analysing business requirements and design technical solutions to meet them
- Identifying, troubleshooting and debugging defects
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
Our benefits are second to none - the icing on the Webafrica culture cake:
- We are a Fully Remote work environment
o That’s right! No need to go into the office! You can work from just about anywhere.
We have partnered with a shared office/workspace called Workshop 17 and we cover the cost of your access to any of their branches around the country – if you’d like a change of scenery from time to time.
- We Kit you out
o We will provide you with all the necessary tech equipment needed for a remote office. Laptop, monitor, and headset. And of course, a UPS to ease the effects of load-shedding!
o We also provide you with Connectivity – FOR FREE!
- We look after your well-being and encourage a healthy lifestyle
o We pay 100% of your medical aid (Discovery& Vitality) – so no deduction unless you want to add a beneficiary or increase your cover to more than what is provided.
- We think of your future too
o Retirement Annuity - up to 5% company contribution in your first year; 7.5% thereafter
THE CHERRY ON TOP!!! Webafrica rewards stellar performance!
- Performance Bonuses of up to 20% of your cash salary are paid out quarterly, so long as company targets are met.
- Annual individual awards for the Webafricans that outshine the rest!
- We always try to have some fun! Team buildings are a big deal as well as other cultural activities and company events!