You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Assistant Director, CEO Communications
- This role can be done remotely with monthly travel to Hartford CT
The Assistant Director will be a part of the CEO Communications team within the Marketing & Communications organization. The Assistant Director is a writer and storyteller, producing content for the Chairman & CEO. Scope of work includes project management and content creation for both the CEO’s engagements and correspondence with employees, agents & brokers, community partners and other stakeholders.
Successful candidates must have corporate communications experience and demonstrated rapport with senior leaders. Exceptional written/verbal/web communication skills, social/digital capabilities and the ability to collaborate with others at all levels and lead virtual teams across a matrixed organization are also critical to effectiveness in this key role, which is integral to our goals of engaging employees through communication, and inspiring action that drives business results.
- Produce and create communications under the direction of the Head of CEO Communications. Develops compelling and contemporary content for print, digital, video or in person engagements.
- Coordinates with internal teams for marketing and communications needs of CEO and other executives. May oversee external resources and project budgets.
- Counsels and coaches leadership regarding their speaking engagements.
- Provides best practices consulting and project management to business partners and leaders.
- Maintains awareness and understanding of relevant issues, trends and best practices to inform CEO communications content.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct experience in corporate internal communications, media relations, or leader communications. Other relevant experience may be considered.
- Proven expertise in recognizing and developing compelling stories with a body of work that demonstrates superb writing, editing and presenting capabilities. Samples required.
- Ability to build rapport and facilitate engagement with leaders and colleagues from across the company.
- Previous experience leading and managing indirect reports (i.e. production crews, project teams)
- Strong knowledge of standard English rules pertaining to grammar and syntax and AP Style. Commitment to quality, accuracy and driving results.
- A positive attitude and flexibility for last-minute changes. Ability to effectively navigate a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, on both a proactive and reactive basis.
- Familiarity with issues/subjects relevant to leadership, including corporate financials, economic/business trends, organizational culture and business-related public policy. Understanding of insurance/financial service sector basics a plus.
- Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; InDesign a plus
- Ability to travel to Hartford monthly (2-4 days).
The Hartford is proud of our achievements recognized with the following accolades:
- Worlds most Ethical companies - 13 years in a row
- Best places to work for LBGTQ+ - 14 years in a row
- Scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index (DEI) and was recognized as a 2021 DEI Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion
- Forbes #1 P&C insurer and #11 overall for Diversity
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$86,080 - $129,120Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Culture & Employee Insights
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
AD Communications - MI07AE