Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work. SM
If you reside in the LA Crosse, WI area, you will enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid-remote role, or you’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Prepare associated journal entries and account reconciliations
- Review, code and voucher G&A invoices and issue payments to vendors
- Review and process travel related expense reports for employees and invoices for vendors
- Assist with month-end accruals as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher) OR 4+ years of accounting experience
- 1+ year of accounting experience, with a true understanding of GAAP and integrated accounting systems
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel, utilizing functions, such as v-lookups, and creating pivot tables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field
- Associate’s Degree with minimum of 3 years of related experience in professional accounting
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Experience with process improvement and documentation of procedures
- PeopleSoft Financials experience
- Strong reconciliation, analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with extremely confidential information requiring a high level of discretion, ethics and integrity
- Ability to effectively manage time and complete multiple tasks, while continually meeting critical deadlines and responding to changing priorities
- High level of professionalism, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, as well as in a team environment
- Must be extremely detail oriented with a high level of accuracy, analytical skills and sound judgment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only : The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.