Associate Director of Finance
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Finance Director is responsible for various financial functions including business analytics, metrics reporting and ad-hoc analysis for the Optum team. This person will drive prioritization of investments across Optum to drive future revenue growth while maximizing financial returns.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead business quarterly forecasting, Annual Business Plan, long range forecasting
- All corporate deliverables
- Own complex financial model
- Continuously evolve forecasting processes to achieve greater accuracy
- Evolve financial model to better match business drivers
- Gain deep understanding of all business drivers; make recommendations for improvements
- Lead development of business / financial case for specific initiatives, capital investments and new business opportunities
- Develop metrics, benchmarks, and analytics to guide appropriate investments
- Partner with BU & segment finance to ensure cost management and investments are reasonable and aligned with defined performance targets and financial thresholds
- Assist in prioritization of investment for the business, providing recommendations based on financial and non-financial targets
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
- Complete standard variance analysis and research variance drivers and explain cause-effect relationships
- Act as subject matter expert on the supported segment & apply in-depth knowledge of the business for recommendations to management
- Manage one direct report
- Special projects, as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 7+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Experience prioritizing & managing demanding workloads with concurrent deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (Pivot tables, VLookups, Macros)
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GAAP, fundamental financial concepts and procedures
- PeopleSoft experience, Hyperion SmartView and/or Essbase
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Assertive, self-starting personality with a customer service attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed organization and with cross-functional partners
- Ability to manage and synthesize large amounts of data
- Solid analytical skills and business acumen
- Trusted advisor and partner to those we serve in the business
- Natural curiosity to learn more, dig into details, understand key drivers of our business
- Ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- Ability to use proper discretion when dealing with confidential information exhibiting a high level of integrity
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.