Associate Product Owner - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in Minnetonka, MN, this will be a hybrid role, but for the ideal candidate you will have the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere in the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with Product Manager and Product Owner to write features and define acceptance criteria
- Assist the Product Owner or Independently Write User Stories for every feature
- Provide product/feature vision and background to the scrum team
- Assist scrum master with Sprint planning and communicate with Product Manager on progress and plans
- Review test scripts written by UAT Team
- Provide demos to Product Manager and stakeholders
- Communicate any deviation of planned deliverables to stakeholders
- Participate in post release testing (PAT)
- Assist the product owner in performing analysis to understand feasibility and/or impacts of potential new features
- Assist the product owner and product analyst in data analysis to ensure proper integration with databases, APIs, vendor tools, or other site components
- Conduct cross functional/product analysis to understand dependencies and capabilities across multiple products
- Document expected user flows
- Determine priority of Features within each release with Business and IT team
- Communicate reasons and impacts if sprint goals are not met
- Assist the product owner in creating and maintaining a prioritized backlog
- Balance technical knowledge and business acumen
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of product analyst, business analyst or product owner experience
- 1+ years Direct to Consumer, customer facing digital experience.
- 1+ years of experience launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams
- 1+ years of experience delivering data driven solutions with a customer-first mindset
- 2+ years of professional level MS office experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience using Jira, Rally or Confluence
- Experience in Retail, Healthcare, Banking or other direct to consumer industries
- Experience in prototyping, iterative development environment, using Agile principles
- Experience in a matrixed work environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.